“Overnight for a show in Peoria, IL”

Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Well we had tix for 'Jersey Boys' at the Peoria Civic Center theater and decided to stay over night in Peoria rather than drive home late in the Evening. We looked at several local motels but the Staybridge was recommended by my Sisters as they have been there before. We got there at check in time and parking was a bit confusing as I think there were more cars in the lot than folks staying! Later one of my Sisters told me people use the lot so they don't have to walk far for the PCC. We can see why as the PCC is just across the street!

After sorting that out, we checked in and the Front Desk was very helpful with suggested places to eat and a shortcut into the PCC. This was useful as it got a bit nippy towards show time. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the staff was helpful with a few things needed. Two minor issues was a folding closet door kept falling off it's track, and the dishwasher door spring was rather noisy when opening or closing it. Otherwise everything else worked like it's supposed to.

Wifi was excellent at our location (first floor South end), and with a with a small sofa and comfortable desk chair we were happy with the set up. As it turns out, we ordered delivery and then left for the show rather than going out.

The show was OK but a audio problem caused a delay and we got out later than planned. Because it was a bit late for us the night before, we overslept and missed the included breakfast the next Morning. Ah well.

As we both liked our stay, we want to give this another visit sometime in the future.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank busterdog0

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My wife and children recently surprised me for my birthday with a trip to Peoria, Illinois to see the traveling "Jersey Boys" musical at the Peoria Civic Center. We decided to stay the night so we would not have the hassle of running up and then just right back down. Instead we booked a room at a hotel we had never stayed in before, the Staybridge Suites right across from the Civic Center. To say we were pleasently surprised is an understatement. The Staybridge is the suites arm of the Holiday Inn chain of hotels. Our room, a two room king bed suite, was very well appointed with all of the standard amenities. It was furnished with two televisions (a must for people with children) and a very nice kitchen setup. The only two caveats to the room - the pillows were not for me and the size of the actual bathroom was cramped. Let me explain. I personally enjoy oversized pillows with my bed. In fact,if I were king of the world for a day I would include the command to change all pillows from standard to body length. Realizing this is not possible I only hope that my hotel will have oversized pillows. Unfortunately, our Staybridge did not even have what I would call standard size pillows; they actually were more of a nuisance that a help for me. But that is just my own personal choice. As for the bathroom I would like to say that the sink and mirror area is great but I think the size of that area has been expanded to the detriment of the actual bathroom that includes the shower and toilet. When using the "facilities" the , how shall I say, seating is cramped since it abutes nearly right up to the shower. It makes using the toilet uncomfortable. The other areas of the hotel stay were excellent. Dan and Lara of the staff did a wonderful job of explaining the hotel and its many amenities; the food and commons area were very good; and the location to the Civic Center and Bradley University could not be beat. Overall, I will be certain to stay there again when visiting Peoria.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank alplm5124
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Last year when we found out that there was a new Staybridge in Peoria, we decided that we would spend a little more money to stay there during the week of Christmas in 2012. Boy, were we glad we did! The staff was pleasant and always helpful and the hotel is wonderful. We took advantage of the gym and the free laundry. We were bummed to find out the pool was closed during that week. This will be the hotel we stay at every single year we travel to Peoria to visit family.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JenkinsFamily03
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Traveled to Peoria to enjoy a Riverman hockey game. Picked this location because I had reward points and it was right across the street from the Civic Center. I travel weekly for work and this was my first opportunity to use points for entertainment.
The front desk attendant Peggy was very rude from the moment we walked into the door. She rolled her eyes continuously through the check in process. She also answered all of our simple questions with very rude comments. When I told her I was disappointed with her attitude she actually began yelling at me in front of other guests and threatened to kick us out.
Besides this one employee's attitude the overall experience was great. I would rate the hotel 4.5 stars if it hadn't been for my check-in experience. The breakfast was excellent and the room was on par with every other Priority Club hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Bob J,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. I apologize for the unacceptable customer service at the front desk. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We value you as a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I recently booked a 2 bedroom suite for my husband, daughter (age 2) father and I. We've stayed at Staybridge Hotels before and always liked the accommodations. This hotel was no exception. It looks almost brand new and the furniture and decor were fresh and up to date.

Lobby had a nice fireplace and sitting area with board games.

Breakfast was good. Typical continental breakfast plus waffle station, oatmeal, eggs and bacon or sausage (depending on the morning). They also serve heavy appetizers Tues-Thursday evenings. We were not around for this but the menus looked good.

The beds were comfortable and floorplan was ideal for us with a small child. It was nice to put her to bed and still have a living area to hang out in without keeping her awake. Kitchen had what we needed for light snacks and coffee. We did not try to cook a meal so I cannot speak to that aspect.

It takes about 10 minutes to drive to the airport from here...and its right across from the Civic Center.

Overall, very happy with our stay. I would stay there again and highly recommend it as well.

I travel extensively for business as well...and am rather picky about hotels. This is a good one!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EDSTraveler
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the most nicest places I have ever stayed at. They have a very large eating area and lounge area. The rooms are very roomy! The place is very clean too! Only thing is that my stay fell when there pool area was closed down for mantance! But I myself know from working in the hotel field, know that the pool area does have to go down sometimes, to have things done to it. Over all my stay here was great& awesome! And I would stay here agin!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Shawn F
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been traveling weekly for over 10 years for my job. The past year and a half I have been at this hotel off and on and find it wonderful. Having been in many many hotels across the country I would not continue staying here if the hotel was not up to snuff. It is up to snuff - in spades:
The rooms are always clean. The breakfast bar is always tasty. Tue, Wed and Thurs they offer what they call a 'social' but what I call dinner - fresh salad bar (helps keep my weight down), some sort of main course that varies (meatball sandwiches, flatbread, burgers, brats), as well as beer and wine all included in the price of the room.
They have one of the better workout rooms I have seen in a hotel with both cardiac equipment and tons of free weights. The large full pool and hot tub never seems to be busy - very relaxing. Laundry facilities are also free - you just need to buy your detergent and dryer sheets. Each room has a full kitchen with refrigerator. It is like I am in a studio apartment. Such a luxury for us long term business travelers.

The staff are most friendly, knowledgeable of local hangouts and activities, and accommodating. Just perfect.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank benstucky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Mark Twain Hotel
1 mi away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites East Peoria - Riverfront
Hampton Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie
Holiday Inn & Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie

Been to Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown? Share your experiences!