“Disappointed”

Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Traveled to Peoria to enjoy a Riverman hockey game. Picked this location because I had reward points and it was right across the street from the Civic Center. I travel weekly for work and this was my first opportunity to use points for entertainment.
The front desk attendant Peggy was very rude from the moment we walked into the door. She rolled her eyes continuously through the check in process. She also answered all of our simple questions with very rude comments. When I told her I was disappointed with her attitude she actually began yelling at me in front of other guests and threatened to kick us out.
Besides this one employee's attitude the overall experience was great. I would rate the hotel 4.5 stars if it hadn't been for my check-in experience. The breakfast was excellent and the room was on par with every other Priority Club hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Bob J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Bob J,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class customer service and it is our regret that we failed to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. I apologize for the unacceptable customer service at the front desk. We want our guest to have a pleasant and professional experience when interacting with our staff. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

We value you as a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I recently booked a 2 bedroom suite for my husband, daughter (age 2) father and I. We've stayed at Staybridge Hotels before and always liked the accommodations. This hotel was no exception. It looks almost brand new and the furniture and decor were fresh and up to date.

Lobby had a nice fireplace and sitting area with board games.

Breakfast was good. Typical continental breakfast plus waffle station, oatmeal, eggs and bacon or sausage (depending on the morning). They also serve heavy appetizers Tues-Thursday evenings. We were not around for this but the menus looked good.

The beds were comfortable and floorplan was ideal for us with a small child. It was nice to put her to bed and still have a living area to hang out in without keeping her awake. Kitchen had what we needed for light snacks and coffee. We did not try to cook a meal so I cannot speak to that aspect.

It takes about 10 minutes to drive to the airport from here...and its right across from the Civic Center.

Overall, very happy with our stay. I would stay there again and highly recommend it as well.

I travel extensively for business as well...and am rather picky about hotels. This is a good one!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EDSTraveler
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the most nicest places I have ever stayed at. They have a very large eating area and lounge area. The rooms are very roomy! The place is very clean too! Only thing is that my stay fell when there pool area was closed down for mantance! But I myself know from working in the hotel field, know that the pool area does have to go down sometimes, to have things done to it. Over all my stay here was great& awesome! And I would stay here agin!

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Shawn F
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been traveling weekly for over 10 years for my job. The past year and a half I have been at this hotel off and on and find it wonderful. Having been in many many hotels across the country I would not continue staying here if the hotel was not up to snuff. It is up to snuff - in spades:
The rooms are always clean. The breakfast bar is always tasty. Tue, Wed and Thurs they offer what they call a 'social' but what I call dinner - fresh salad bar (helps keep my weight down), some sort of main course that varies (meatball sandwiches, flatbread, burgers, brats), as well as beer and wine all included in the price of the room.
They have one of the better workout rooms I have seen in a hotel with both cardiac equipment and tons of free weights. The large full pool and hot tub never seems to be busy - very relaxing. Laundry facilities are also free - you just need to buy your detergent and dryer sheets. Each room has a full kitchen with refrigerator. It is like I am in a studio apartment. Such a luxury for us long term business travelers.

The staff are most friendly, knowledgeable of local hangouts and activities, and accommodating. Just perfect.

4  Thank benstucky
Reviewed December 18, 2012

In my 40+ career I have traveled and stayed in many hotels. This Staybridge is the best. Desk staff so friendly and helpful. Great rooms, love the pillow top mattress, kitchen, and all the space for doing work in your room. Work-out room, pool, and laundry area are a welcome plus for longer stays. Wonderful hot breakfast with smiling good mornings from staff and the evening beverages are soooo welcoming. When grandchild can travel with me, they love coming here. The staff remembers their names and at 8 and 10 that is a big deal. If you are looking for a great place and family friendly with great rates this is the place for you.

3  Thank Carl T
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I do computer consulting for all America, stay there because is right place, I have found nice and smart people, they really care of you, besides is comfortable, clean and care ... includes good breakfast, coffee and some meals at evening (all for free). After a hard day I can go to the GYM, or swim for a while. I recommend this a lot.

4  Thank Manuel L
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was there for business trip and picked this hotel due to it's location as I was going to hockey games at the civic center. It is right across the street. Hotel seems (and the word is exact) new inside and it was very clean at first sight. but in fact this hotel is:

1 - Very expensive for the quality of service provided
2 - Rooms are poorly isolated so sleep quality is really poor
3 - Sauna is never cleaned
4 - They accept animals. if you have allergies do not go there
5 - Phone was broken

Room Tip: For the same amount of $ you can find much better