“Very Awesome!”

Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Bloomington, Illinois
“Very Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the most nicest places I have ever stayed at. They have a very large eating area and lounge area. The rooms are very roomy! The place is very clean too! Only thing is that my stay fell when there pool area was closed down for mantance! But I myself know from working in the hotel field, know that the pool area does have to go down sometimes, to have things done to it. Over all my stay here was great& awesome! And I would stay here agin!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Shawn F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have been traveling weekly for over 10 years for my job. The past year and a half I have been at this hotel off and on and find it wonderful. Having been in many many hotels across the country I would not continue staying here if the hotel was not up to snuff. It is up to snuff - in spades:
The rooms are always clean. The breakfast bar is always tasty. Tue, Wed and Thurs they offer what they call a 'social' but what I call dinner - fresh salad bar (helps keep my weight down), some sort of main course that varies (meatball sandwiches, flatbread, burgers, brats), as well as beer and wine all included in the price of the room.
They have one of the better workout rooms I have seen in a hotel with both cardiac equipment and tons of free weights. The large full pool and hot tub never seems to be busy - very relaxing. Laundry facilities are also free - you just need to buy your detergent and dryer sheets. Each room has a full kitchen with refrigerator. It is like I am in a studio apartment. Such a luxury for us long term business travelers.

The staff are most friendly, knowledgeable of local hangouts and activities, and accommodating. Just perfect.

4 Thank benstucky
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

In my 40+ career I have traveled and stayed in many hotels. This Staybridge is the best. Desk staff so friendly and helpful. Great rooms, love the pillow top mattress, kitchen, and all the space for doing work in your room. Work-out room, pool, and laundry area are a welcome plus for longer stays. Wonderful hot breakfast with smiling good mornings from staff and the evening beverages are soooo welcoming. When grandchild can travel with me, they love coming here. The staff remembers their names and at 8 and 10 that is a big deal. If you are looking for a great place and family friendly with great rates this is the place for you.

3 Thank Carl T
Guadalajara, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I do computer consulting for all America, stay there because is right place, I have found nice and smart people, they really care of you, besides is comfortable, clean and care ... includes good breakfast, coffee and some meals at evening (all for free). After a hard day I can go to the GYM, or swim for a while. I recommend this a lot.

4 Thank Manuel L
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was there for business trip and picked this hotel due to it's location as I was going to hockey games at the civic center. It is right across the street. Hotel seems (and the word is exact) new inside and it was very clean at first sight. but in fact this hotel is:

1 - Very expensive for the quality of service provided
2 - Rooms are poorly isolated so sleep quality is really poor
3 - Sauna is never cleaned
4 - They accept animals. if you have allergies do not go there
5 - Phone was broken

Room Tip: For the same amount of $ you can find much better
2 Thank Wajdi M
Des Moines, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We picked this hotel due to it's location as we were going to hockey games at the civic center. It is right across the street. Hotel seems new inside and it was very clean. Front desk staff were very friendly/helpful. Breakfast options were good. It's also walking distance (but a bit farther) to some downtown restaurants/bars for before or after the game. It is also very close/convenient to Bradley University. We would stay again when in town for a hockey game.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank HawkItraveler
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

First, the particulars. My son was visiting Bradley University and our travel party was four people. We stayed one night and even though a standard hotel room would have sufficed, I just like more room and seek suites when traveling with kids. Our room was a second floor room that was ready when we arrived early (noon) and check in was quick. My eldest kid always opts for the sleeper sofa...........that's fine by me as 17 yr olds stay up later than I care to now days. Double queen in the bedroom was very nice. The bathroom was spacious and had a separate "get ready room" from the tub/toilet combo. The refrigerator (though we didn't need it) was large. The morning breakfast was fine; nothing to rave about and nothing to complain about. I think the hotel was full that night, as the morning breakfast rush was busy but the staff cleared and restocked items quickly.

Negatives? Well, the swimming pool was small, but really, we didn't plan on using it anyway. What else? Oh, it's irritating for the bedroom tv to always "boot" up to the house programming, but what's another click? You see, I am reaching for negatives because it really was an outstanding stay.

Location-wise, it is a short walk/drive to Bradley, so if you're in town for the same reason we were, this is a good choice. the neighborhood was ok, nothing to write home about. We prefer a few restaurants close by, but for our purposes, we were going to eat somewhere close to the campus to get a feel for everything, so the lack of quality "eats" nearby wasn't a deal killer.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family