Staybridge Suites Peoria Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast pizzacivic centerfree laundryfront deskwe stayed in a two bedroomfree sodabedroom doorbus stopextended stay hotelstocked with dishesmon wedmonth staywine and beerin townliving roomsitting areadrive home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We stayed in a 2 room suite and loved it!!! It was way bigger then I thought it would be...2 bathrooms, 2 seperate bed rooms, tons of closet space, kitchen area stocked with dishes, 3 flatscreen tvs, pull out couch, table with 4 chairs & more. The beds were VERY comfortable, blackout shades on the windows, & I didn't hear any noise at all from other guests. They offer a great free breakfast spread in the morning. The pool area was very clean & well stocked with towels. The staff was very friendly. It is located across the street from the Civic Center & a few miles from Bradley University. Overall a great place to stay...VERY spacious & very clean!
I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank alexsmom_7
Reviewed January 19, 2012

had great room , just upgraded ,convienent to civic center and local eaterys, front desk was great ,rooms spacious, very clean, little noisy could use thicker walls , but definately will return when in area

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Went to Peoria to catch 2 Chicago Wolves hockey games at the Civic Ctr against the Peoria Rivermen, on Nov 3rd and 4th. Peoria is a nice little city on the Illinois River and home of Bradley Univ. Decided to stay at the Staybridge since it is right across the street from the Civic Ctr.; couldn't have been easier. Although some areas of the city are runned down and suspect, felt very comfortable and safe in this location. It is a suite hotel, so our room had kitchenette, which we really didn't need, but a full size refrigerator was nice since we brought some of our own food/drinks for the 2 day stay. Complimentary breakfasts were very nice, nothing fancy, but fresh and well stocked. Complimentary dinner snack with beer/wine on Thursday night was perfect bite to eat on way out to the game. We were busy during the days, so never did check out pool or exercise room. Both nights were quiet, room clean and comfortable. Price was not cheap, but for the location alone it was worth the cost. Would stay here again if going to Civic Ctr or ballpark down the street.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank William S
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed one night in a first floor room. The front desk personnel was friendly and helpful. The Hotel is across the street from the Civic Center and very close to Bradley University. The neighborhood one block past the hotel is not the safest. My only complaint, knowing the neighborhood, is the room. It was not updated nor extremely clean. Would I stay again...probably yes, if the price is comparable to others hotels. If not I would stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: If security is an issue, ask for a room near the front desk.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank 365dpificould
Reviewed September 24, 2011

My work takes me to Peoria often, and I've stayed at this hotel a few times. I appreciate the proximity to downtown, the large, clean suite type rooms, helpful staff and the nice breakfast as well as evening 'receptions' with food and alcohol a few days a week.
The only real drawback I've encountered while staying at this hotel is the inability to walk to any restaurants. While Peoria has lots of good places to eat, while staying at this hotel you will need to drive to get to any of them.
I've never personally had a problem at this hotel, however I did once travel with a colleague who smoked who specifically reserved a smoking room on the website only to arrive and be notified that the entire hotel was non-smoking. They spoke to the manager, who was apologetic and noted they weren't sure why you were able to reserve a smoking room. I also shared this on a post -stay survey that was sent to me.
Checking the website right now, I see you are still able to reserve a room that appears to be a smoking room (because it doesn't say non smoking like the other rooms do and comes up in a search for smoking rooms. The description says they'll try to accommodate smoking preferences upon arrival...which is very clearly deceiving. Although I don't personally smoke, I don't appreciate that approach to business.)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business