“Personal and professional spot”
Review of Pvii Restaurant

Pvii Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 403 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a proud to offer Peoria an extensive authentic menu including many gluten-free pasta, flour & bread options! Everything on our menu is made fresh from scratch when you order so we can easily cater to your special food needs! Reservations are recommended! Buon Appetito!
Peoria, Illinois, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Personal and professional spot”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Pv II is a treat, from the carefully prepared meal to the caring, involved owners. It is really exceptional in this world of thaw and nuke to have the meal made from scratch. A repeat dining spot for our family! An add on is the varied menu with great seafood with a hint of sauciness and pasta.

• Visited June 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food Just Not What I Thought It Was Going To Be”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went here with the idea that it would be a fancier type restaurant. We were surprised at how casual it was. The food was very good but the portions were small. Glad we went and tried it but definitely not a restaurant where I am raving about it and wanting to go back soon.

• Visited May 2013
Peoria, Illinois
“Great Food at a Great Price”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Where can you go for lunch and get an entrée with salad for $9? The food is excellent and the price is right. Combine that with good service and you have a winning restaurant. Love the Raspberry Vinegarette salad with cranberries and white chocolate shavings!

Visited April 2013
“Great Food-Truck Stop Servers”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We've eaten here at least 10 times since it opened. Every time we say how good the food is. We are not snobs about service but the same thing happens every time we come here...we get waitresses that have no idea what good service is. Let me explain. You walk in this place and you are stunned by the fine dining look. Gorgeous fireplace, fine tables and linens, very nice furnishings and sweet pleasant music. Then the humans approach. And it all changes. There is nothing fine dining after the waitress gets there. Here are examples. Again, I sound like a snob but for $150 dinner I'd like some fine dining service.
Consistently....and I mean every waitress, every time......they don't poor the beers, they just plop them on the table with a glass. They have no opinions on the menu. They approach and ask for the order like a scene from Mel's Diner. They sit in the kitchen (if you need them go in the kitchen and to the right). When they approach a table they don't wait for a pause in the conversation they just belly burst right in "whaddya need, anything else folks?" as she is already putting the bill on the table like Denny's. There is no fine dining service here and it would take SO LITTLE training to just teach these waitresses some refinement. For example, they took my order first and delivered my food. Ladies always go first. Sure you can say that you can tolerate anything to get good food. But for this kind of money, go to Bernardi's where the waitresses are more intune with the restaurant and the food is as good or better. I swear these waitresses are from a truck stop.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Dave H
Peoria, Illinois
“Seems to be Love or Not Experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit. Knowing the restaurant's lineage through staff to the original PV where we had a distinctly disappointing experience, my wife and I had not been motivated to return. This occasion was an invitation from a fan of the restaurant. I am pleased to report the food was much better than my prior experience with the chef's earlier place, but the restaurant was noisy and table conversation was difficult. While I am not a price-sensitive diner, I felt the prices were high for the overall quality of the experience. I respect the friends who rave about the place but it has not gotten to that level for me yet.