“Best food on the north side of Peoria.”
Review of Pvii Restaurant

Pvii Restaurant
Ranked #173 of 409 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a proud to offer Peoria an extensive authentic menu including many gluten-free pasta, flour & bread options! Everything on our menu is made fresh from scratch when you order so we can easily cater to your special food needs! Reservations are recommended! Buon Appetito!
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Having eaten around the world besides hundreds of times in Chicago's best, I feel PVII has excellent food. The fresh herbs, vegetables and other ingredients really do make each meal a treat here on the North side of Peoria. If others have said it was slow, so be it but I prefer that the chef takes his time and gets it right. Yes, I have also stood at the entrance and not been noticed right away but I am a whole lot more concerned about my meal than anything else at that point.This is not a chain but family owned so if you want to line up at Olive Garden go ahead. You'll find me over a bowl of Josh's lobster bisque.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have to say I have no idea which restaurant the other reviewers are talking about! This is some of the best food you will find in town. Yeah, they're slow. It says right on the menu, right on their website - they make all the food to order after you order, so it's going to be slow. This isn't fast-casual food... come prepared to enjoy a glass of wine, a really tasty appetizer, and just spend some time with your companions. I've never had anything on the menu I didn't like - all of the appetizers were so good that we argue every time we go about which one we should have! But, honestly, when it comes to the entrees, I order the same thing everytime. The Ro DeBernardi is two separate dishes on one plate. The contrast of the rich sauces and pasta / chicken is just divine... Mmm.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We tried this place on a Friday night. (1st & last visit) It wasn't crowded, but we waited at the hostess stand for quite a while before anyone acknowledged us! That was the first clue! As others stated the service was slow!

Italian is my favorite food, but I didnt see anything on the menu that sounded good! We started with garlic bread & it wasn't good even dipping it in the marinara sauce. The salads were dry; not much dressing. I settled for the lasagna & it was mediocre at best, very bland... My husband got the chicken lasagna; it was a little better, but the portion was very small; about half the size of mine.

My daughters got fettuccine alfredo & a cheese pizza. Neither one of them liked the food. We had to ask several times to have our drinks refilled. Needless to say, we won't ever go back! Olive Garden is much tastier & better priced!

1  Thank Shakazee
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Love PVII in general. Our recent dinner did have some unusual twists, however. The duck was absolutely awesome - very rich (for those who have trouble with rich foods) and extremely flavorful plus done to perfection. My wife's eggplant parmesan, one of her favorites, might have a new recipe? - a very heavy wine taste - not great compared with previous visits. Atmosphere and service great as per usual. The surprise, upon taking a closer look at the bill, was paying $2 for "on the rocks". Might be worth asking about before ordering a drink on the rocks.

1  Thank leroy733
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Had seen this but never knew what it was. Our boss took us there and the food was good but I especially enjoyed the rasberry vinegeret salad that had cranberries and shredded white chocolate.