“A Taste of England in Peoria, IL”
Review of Fox Pub and Cafe

Fox Pub and Cafe
Ranked #23 of 410 Restaurants in Peoria
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son, and I recently ate at The Fox Pub for dinner on a Sat night. My son had chicken strips and cries. He devoured the chicken and asked for more. My husband and I both had the fish and chips because we wanted to see if they really were "authentic". The fish was perfect... a huge plank of haddock that was not at all greasy. Very fresh-tasting! The fries were thin and crispy... just the way I like them.

The location is a bit odd... in a strip mall... but we didn't let that stop us. There were several people who had just come from the pool in their swimsuits and towels eating on the patio, but the indoor seating was casual and nice. The decor is inspired by England. I thought the photos of the British Royals over the fireplace was a nice touch!

We really enjoyed our dinner here. My husband can't wait to come back and try more of their beer selections. I'm not much of a drinker, but I noticed they have a large selection of beer and wine. We'll definitely be back soon, and can't wait to try the Shepherd's Pie!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Great English fare with Bangers & Mash, Cottage Pie and BEST Fish & Chips served on bed of hand cut fries. Home made soups are delicious. Good selection of wraps and sandwiches.

Several craft beers on tap and live music on weekends. Family owned and a member always on hand to serve your needs.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I've ate at the Fox 3 times and have had a great meal and great dining experience each time. I've only had the fish, so I can't comment on the rest of the menu. I think one thing that makes their fish great is that they serve it on a bed of very crisp fries that keeps the fish elevated so it doesn't get soggy on the bottom. The fish is flaky and the batter is complimentary, not greasy or overpowering. I have gone there during the weekday lunch rush and they do a very good job of getting your food to you quickly. If you like fried fish, the Fox won't dissappoint.

1  Thank Montyd72
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Tomato Bisque is delicious! They usually have a band playing on the weekends! The owner tries to visit the tables!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Have just eaten here twice in the last week (I work close by but have never eaten here)! The fries (with a touch of malt vinegar from the table condiments) are to die for. The brisket is yummyl served on a Bap bun, nicely cooked. The reuben panini style sandwich is very good as well. The "sauce" has a sweetness to it that makes it different; chunks of corned beef and of course, sauerkraut. Service is great. Atmosphere is very nice. Would like to come back in the evening to try some of the special brews they feature.