“Nice and new; great staff; good location”

Hampton Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed November 18, 2011

This appears to be a very new property. Halls are nice and wide. Clean property inside and out. I did not get to try breakfast because of my very early flight, but the grab-and-go bags were amply supplied. I received an upgrade due to Gold HHonors status.

My one small issue was quickly resolved. My first room (top floor) was right under an HVAC unit that caused the entire room to vibrate very loudly. I called the front desk and asked for another room. I was afraid that I would lose my HHonors upgrade in the move, but I did not. The desk clerk even brought my keys to me so that I wouldn't have to lug my bags around.

GREAT service.

Room Tip: If you want a stop floor room, stay in the lower numbers (401 through the teens) to avoid the vibrat...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Have stayed here numerous times since we havea student at Bradley University. Convenient location to shopping, dining and movies. Extremely clean and comfy rooms. Make your own waffles and much more for breakfast.

Room Tip: All rooms that we have stayed in have been great.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 30, 2011

As a Cat employee I've stayed at a few, but not all, approved hotels in Peoria, but this is so far the best at Grand Prairie. The Wyndgate next door is similar but the Hampton is bigger, better staff (polite and welcoming), much better breakfast catering (though still on polystyrene plates... I'd give it 5 stars if it real crockery :), satisfactory manager's reception. Rooms are fine. Very close to the mall and the various "eateries" on this complex.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank the_real_miu
HamptonGMPeoria, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Hampton Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie! Our team truly takes pride in the service they offer each of our guests! You will be pleased to hear we have recently switched to the Eco-Friendly plates and eating utensils that are now available at all Hamptons! Instead of Hampton Brand switching to the "china", they have opted to these Eco-Friendly plates and eating utensils (Potatoware, and Enviroware). We look forward to your next visit! Thanks again for recommending the Hampton Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie!

Reviewed September 9, 2011

Very nice hotel and with very helpful & efficient front desk staff. Pull through parking slots made it easy to park with our small trailer. Nearby dining choices in walking distance are bar food -- Buffalo Wild Wings or Tilted Kilt. No traffic noise from Route 6. Still, had to use ventilation system since room windows are sealed, fortunately the filters were very clean so hubby's allergies weren't affected. Very comfortable beds. Breakfast buffet well maintained with better than average offerings. A little pricey....evidently they have a coroporate clientele with expense accounts to cover the tariff.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
HamptonGMPeoria, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on the Hampton Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie. We are pleased to hear you would recommend our hotel. Our team truly takes pride in providing an outstanding experience for each of our guests stays and are pleased to hear we were able to do so on yours! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Peoria, IL!

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We arrived very late after a long day of travel. I had called earlier in the evening to let them know that we'd be getting in later than expected (to make sure our room would still be available & the reservation wouldn't be canceled as a no-show). The clerk at the front desk buzzed us in quickly and check-in was easy. The room seemed clean & the bed was comfortable. Plenty of hot water in the morning & good water pressure. Breakfast was exactly as expected and really helped get us moving after getting in so late. The staff was friendly and helpful. If I were traveling through the area in the future I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Hampton Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie. It is our goal to ensure a positive experience for each of our guests. When you called to let us know you would be arriving late, we knew you would be ready for a speedy check in and comfortable room. We hope to see you on your next trip to the Peoria area!

Reviewed June 29, 2011

Beautiful hotel and staff went above and beyond to make my families stay the best! From the front desk to housekeeping everyone was very polite. Always a friendly hello or good morning and have a good night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Peoria, IL. Great place too right across from a new mall tons of shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay! Our team truly takes pride in providing each of our guests a positive experience. The Shoppes at Grand Prairie and the wonderful restaurants are truly a plus as well.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

I stayed at this hotel the weekend of June 24-26. I came in with my family of 4 to visit relatives in the area. The staff was so welcoming and professional. They were very knowledgable about the area, as well as the hotel. They made us feel like we had known them for years. My children loved the front desk staff and constantly wanted to come down to talk to them! The housekeeping staff was also very polite. We never passed an employee of the hotel without being greeted or acknowledged. I would definitely recommend this hotel for any kind of travel you may have. The staff always had a smile on their face and did everything they could to make everyone's stay comfortable and enjoyable! I LOVE THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Teachafish88

Thank you for the feedback on your June 24 stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie. Our team focuses on familiarizing themselves with the area to make better recommendations to our guests of all ages. Each team member takes pride in providing a positive experience through service and cleanliness. We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay!