“Surprising wonderful ”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I had dinner at 2 Chez. It was crazy night because there was a party for 30 people going on. Yet, with all that our waitress was wonderful. She was attentive to our needs. We ordered the calamari, stuffed artichokes, and the pomme frites as an appetizer. They were all amazing. For our dinner, we asked for the chefs choice and allowed him (who happens to also be the owner) to create our plates. Wow! That is all I can say. Three of us went that way and it was so much fun - no one was disappointed. The dishes were creative and perfectly prepared. My girlfriend ordered the Mediterranean salad and it was gorgeous. My other girlfriend ordered the salmon and she couldn't stop talking about it. My steak was prepared perfectly. My husband was thrilled with his plate with lamb and scallops. And my other friend was in heaven with his filet. The owner came out to check on our food and said goodnight to us. That kind of attention is really important and shows they care about our experience. This was my birthday dinner and I couldn't have asked for a better place to celebrate it in.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Went here for Christmas Eve dinner. Limited menu but was very good. Chef made chicken parm for my son which was a nice touch. Service was a little bumpy but finished strong. Really liked my meal - filet de bleu. Have been here before and will definitely come back

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Started with calamari and it was tender and the breaking was light - some of the best I've had. Than on to the sea scallops and WOW - cut them with a fork, very smooth, melt in your mouth. Topped the evening of with creme brûlée! We were a large group and the waitstaff was very attentive and spot on with every level of service. I will definitely be back!

1  Thank maddog48017
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I really like this place. The exterior is not very pre-possessing but inside is fine. Whenever I am in Peoria I go here with friends prior to a show/play at Peoria Players. The service is good with friendly staff who are very accommodating with a friend who has food allergies. I always have the grilled scallops with the maple butter sweet potato mash. The servings are not large but I never leave hungry.
If you've never been do give it a try.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

You wouldn't know by looking at it from the outside but this restaurant is popular with great food. So popular that it is busy and noisy. The food was presented beautifuuly and tasted just as great.

1  Thank tba57