“Excellent Value Bistro-Style Menu”
Review of 2 Chez

2 Chez
Ranked #20 of 406 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I've eaten here and hosted guests here for both lunch and dinner experiences. This visit was a lunch with a colleague. I had the Steak Fritte with a Caesar Salad and my colleague had a Reuben. As always the food was fresh and promptly served. The Pom Fritte are thin and freshly orepared with a mild seasoning. The Caesar is available with anchovies which is surprisingly not the case at many restaurants. My steak was a perfect medium rare and my colleague's Reuben was well stacked with tender corned beef. The atmosphere belies the strip mall location and is fresh and urban in character. Noise levels support a lively feel without overwhelming table conversation. Prices are reasonable and friends who enjoy wine appreciate the selection ( I do not qualify to make that judgement myself). All around, a very good, consistent experience.

There are newer reviews for 2 Chez

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Being fond of Osso Buco as well as Steak Diane, four of us decided to try 2 Chez on a Wednesday night where Osso Buco is featured along with a "bring your own wine" Wednesday night feature. The restaurant is housed in a nondescript strip mall, but there the term "nondescript" ends. The restaurant is very classily decorated with nicely separated tables, allowing for conversation. Warmly greeted, we immediately noted our server, while young, was very professional. She took our wine, opened it and got a champagne bucket to keep it cool. All this and zero corkage fee. We started with mussels and calamari, both excellent. Steak Diane was tender and delicious. The Osso Buco, while served with a different sauce than experienced elsewhere and lacking gremolata was still delicious. The wait person was attentive to our needs without being obtrusive. A very pleasant experience for Peoria!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

A smowy day found my friend and I at one of our favorite spots in Peoria. 2 Chez on Pioneer and Knoxville. Our very atttentive waiter was right there with drink offerings and told us of their special of the day, Eggplant Parm. We started with the mushroom soup which was very tasty and then as we both love eggplant had the special which was also good and served over a bed of linguini fini that I took home for my husband. The home baked bread and their delicious special spread is a favorite. They also have a good seafood salad and offer a very good rueben for lunch, both of wihich I have had in the past.I recommend 2 Chez for good service and excellent food.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were quite excited to be going to 2Chez for dinner, especially my mate it was her birthday.. She loves calamari and reviews I had read claimed that 2 Chez had the best. I made reservations for 8:00 pm. When we arrived we were told there would be a short wait. 2 Chez is very small and there was no seating available at the bar and no bench or any seating of any kind while waiting. And wait we did, standing by the front door, standing and waiting and standing and waiting and standing and waiting. 25 minutes after doing all that standing and waiting we decided we would leave without trying the calamari. I wanted to let the staff know that we were leaving but there was no one that I could find to let them know.

3  Thank EP-Guy
Reviewed February 28, 2013

On a snowy Tuesday night 3 couples enjoyed the comfort of 2 Chez for good conversation and good food. Starting with a drink and their freshly baked bread we decided to forego appetizers and go directly for the entrees. 2Chez is noted for their lamb and a variety of veal dishes. Our group had three half racks of lamb and three veal dishes. They were 6 for 6.
My lamb was a perfect medium rare and seduced me into picking up the bones and leaving them bare. Similar results for the two veal dishes - Bordeaux and Au Poivre. Sides of garlic mashed and sweet potato mashed were very acceptable accompaniments.
Desserts - gelato and a chocolate something were okay -good.
You can always have another glass of wine.
Consistently good food and better than average service. Worth a try.