“Best in Peoria”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Another great meal. I was there with 5 colleagues. Everybody was pleased. The calamari continues to be outstanding. My steak poivre was excellent. It was very well prepared. The sauce was very tasty. Could have been a little more peppery and a stronger cognac flavor would have been outstanding. The vegetables were great - not overcooked.

The service was fine. For some reason the dining room was not very full so it was pleasantly quiet for our business meeting.

This place has excellent lunches. It is especially nice if you get there somewhat late. The crowd leaves and it's very peaceful and pleasant.

My only complaint is that my chair was past its prime. The upholstery was gone and I was basically sitting on a wooden frame. If anybody from 2 Chez reads this, try sitting in those upholstered chairs before you put anybody else in them.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The food is good but the calamari is REALLY good. Take out is just as good as dining in also. Nice place to go for a celebration or for great food anytime.

1  Thank Cotton2008
Reviewed January 21, 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday and we enjoyed the food.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Never had a bad meal there. Small, intimate restaurant serving various dishes all prepared with a flair. Their calamari is arguably the best in town. For a side dish, try the maple butter sweet potato (mashed). Salads are also good (they come with the meal). Order with tomato basil dressing (made in house). Pork chop marsala and Chicken Pancetta are also outstanding. Only seats about 50 people, so have a reservation unless you come late. Bring your own wine on Wed. nights (free corkage).

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Visited 2 Chez for my 40th birthday. My wife suggested it on the 'fly' as we drove by it. We have been there before and had great food and service.

2 Chez is located in a small strip mall plaza. It is a small, quaint restaurant. Lunch times are pretty easy to get in. Dinner times you probably want to make reservations if a larger party or go really early.

For lunch my wife and I decided to split a varity of items. We ordered the calamari and flat bread from the appetizer list and then ordered the chicken sandwich with fries. We had ordered the calamari before at dinner and it was fabulous. We ordered it again and were not disappointed. This HAS to be the best calamari in Peoria and might be the best we have ever tasted anywhere. It is absolutely fabulous. A definite must if coming to 2 Chez. The flatbread as good, not as good as the calamari but still very good and a recommendation. The chicken sandwich came on a panini style flatbread and was excellent. It came with sweet potatoe fries that had a light sugar sprinkled on them. We could not stop eating them.

Needless to say we walked out of 2 Chez so stuffed it hurt! But it was worth it.