Review of Two25

Reserve with OpenTable
Two25 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 410 Restaurants in Peoria
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Hamilton
Description: Two25 is a polished casual restaurant located in the Mark Twain hotel of downtown Peoria. Our signature dinner entrees include a broiled New York Strip served with classic Gratin Dauphinois - a 30 layer potato gratin, a Dijon Crusted Salmon, and a rich Seafood Carbonara. Our dessert menu features choices such as delectable Chocolate Mousse topped with a Raspberry Chambord Sauce . Diners can complement their meals with our wine program - a large selection is available by the glass, flight, half bottle or bottle. Our reserve list by the bottle is sure to help you celebrate that special event. Our lunch selection includes great soups, sandwiches, and a pizza buffet with a fresh salad bar. If you wish host your next event in one of our private dining rooms please contact Seth Hanchett. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Everytime I have gone has been at the lunch buffet. They put on the best pizza buffet spread and it comes with a drink for $9. You cant beat their pesto pizza, its ultimately delicious. I will definitely go there for dinner, cant wait to taste the lamb chops.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Attended an evening business program there. Service was very good, ambience lively (perhaps slightly too loud for some). Had Caesar salad which was average-good. Orange sauce based chicken dish excellent with surprisingly large portion. Garlic Mashed potatoes good. Asparagus average.

Fun place for a group gathering.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here before going to see a musical at the Peoria Civic Center. This was a belated birthday dinner and we wanted something special before the show. It should have a been a sign when the booth we were seated in had a huge rip in it ( we're talking crater sized). If a restaurant has $30+items on their menu then I would hope they could maintain the appearance of the seating, tables, etc. To me this was in poor taste.

The service was just OK. Our waiter was efficient but not overly personable. The bus girls (brought salads, bread, water, removed plates); however, were very friendly. Perhaps they should have switched roles?? My husband and I each had a wine flight with dinner which was a fun choice for drinks. Each flight came with a card that gave descriptions of the wines you were trying. It was a nice way to try different varieties and the price was reasonable.

The food was good but nothing magical. Our salads came out very quickly, I had upgraded mine to the pear salad (for an additional charge) and it tasted like it had been sitting in the cooler already prepped and dressed for quite some time and did not taste entirely fresh. For our entrees we each had steak and both were tasty. My husband's order came out incorrectly and after trying to catch our waiter and having no success, and in the essence of time due to the play, he ate it as is. I had the filet medallions and they were very good. The sauce complimented the steak very well and the mashed potatoes and green beans were very good as well. For dessert we shared the chocolate mousse and that was very good too. It was nice to choose from "lighter" options for dessert after having such a heavy meal.

Overall, the food was good but the atmosphere and service left something to be desired. For the cost (our meal was over $100 without tip) I would have expected something a bit more as far as dining experiences go. We've had better experiences at cheaper restaurants and overall left disappointed. I’m also not sure the prices were really justified either? We were hoping for something special and this missed the mark. I don't think we'll be back and I don't know if I'll recommend it to others.

Two25Peoria, Owner at Two25, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

We strive to give each guest top notch customer service, and I apologize that you experienced anything less during your recent visit. We were unaware of the rip in the booth, and had it repaired the next day.

Please contact me at info@two25peoria.com - I'd like to attempt to make this right with you.

Thanks much,

Reviewed October 7, 2012

The restaurant is a little pricey but all that are located downtown are pricey. The food was excellent, the service was top notch and we never had to ask for refills, etc. The staff was very attentive.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This is where Uno's used to be. The Wife and I went there last night. Really enjoyed it! Awesome service. Food was great. I had the Sea Bass along with the Lobster Soup. There was a jazz band playing by the bar.

Was it a little pricey??? Sure, but you get what you pay for. Save up a little and take your lady out to a new place. She probably deserves it.

Been to Two25? Share your experiences!