Wingate by Wyndham Peoria
$93
$114
$51
$109
Quality Inn & Suites Peoria(Peoria)(Great Value!)
$71
QualityInn
$139
$132
$89
Travelocity
All reviewsthe manager's receptionfront deskgold's gymwedding guestsgreat hotelshuttle servicebusiness tripsoftball tournamenthot tubexcellent customer servicerooms are cleannice roomin townbed was comfortablestaff was friendlycookieswaffles
FilterAll languages

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
SuperAwesomeWingate1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 27, 2013

After two days camping in the mud at a nearby music festival, the Wingate Peoria felt like a 5 star hotel to us. We booked an accessible room and I'd called a few days ahead of our stay to confirm they would hold a wheelchair accessible room for our very late arrival. For the most part, the room served our needs. The bed was very tall however and my friend was unable to transfer from her wheelchair into bed. I called the front desk and the night manager Omar arrived promptly to help us with the transfer and we were very appreciateve of his assistance. This was my first experience traveling with someone with a disability, and "accessible" regarding a hotel room is clearly subjective. Not only was the bed too high to transfer out of a wheelchair, the shower was not in any way accessible, the temperature control panel was too high for my friend to reach, the van accessible parking spots were not really wide enough for our van ramp.

Aside from the accessibility issues, the property was as I would have expected for the price point. Pillows were lumpy and not to our liking but the bed and bedding were fine. Coffee and breakfast options were better than expected. Our room and the public areas were spotlessly clean despite the many groups of muddy concert goers who had arrived seeking refuge from heavy storms; kudos to the staff at the Windham Peoria for going the extra mile to serve their guests this Memorial Day weekend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

I am really glad you stayed with us and wrote this excellent review! I have not heard these issues before about the accessible rooms and I will meet with my bosses to see what we can do about some of these issues. Thank you very much! You have given me a lot of information to pass along and get some things more accessible! I sincerely appreciate it!
Thank you for mentioning Omar helping you. I will be sure to let him know of your kind words!

Reviewed May 27, 2013