“Nice but...”

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
Davenport, Iowa
“Nice but...”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This hotel had a lot of the bells and whistles compared to the majority of hotels I typically stay in, but then again it's supposed to. Everything was nice and clean and we even had 2 mints and 2 bottles in the room. My only three complaints - #1 the walls were paper thin #2 the water pressure in the sink was absurdly low and #3 the mattress wasn't comfortable (I woke up sore & achy). If everything else wasn't so nice, I would have rated this property as "poor". I can live with crappy water pressure and a bad mattress, but really dislike hearing my neighbors conversations when I am trying to fall asleep.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Xuuke
SuperAwesomeWingate1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Peoria, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay.

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience during your stay. In regards to the water. Our staff notified me right away and I personally spent the afternoon with our lead engineer and water provider to rectify the issue as soon as we possibly could.

With your room stay, please in the future do not hesitate to contact our front desk or any hotel and ask to be reassigned. We would gladly place you in a more comfortable room away from any noise or just to speak to your neighbors and ask them to quiet down. Our staff is here to do whatever we can to make sure you have a pleasant stay. If you do find the need to stay again in Peoria please call and ask for me directly and I will personally ensure you have a wonderful stay.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Elgin
Reviewed February 12, 2013

All was Great with the exception of the Phone not working in the room. Asked the attendant for a different receiver and was told to place back on phone charger. Phone did not charge. Also, Iron had residue on it that I could not clean. And, Internet connection was slow. Need Wi-Fi cable did not do justice. All else was Great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Dear Daniel,

I appreciate you taking the time to give us honest feedback about your experience.

I have spoken with our front desk staff to assure that in the future they do check on the rooms personally to make sure the phones are connected properly. This can be a common occurence with the portable phone in rooms. However, we do still have another phone typically by the desk for to use as well. In regards to our internet, I apologize that it was not to your satisfaction. we do have free wi-fi with no password required as well as the cable available by the desk. Also, we do have a number for you to call if you are having any issues with internet by the desk as well for tech support.

If you do need to stay in Peoria again I hope you will give us an opportunity to give an excellent experience and do not hesitate to ask for me directly.

Thank you!
Grenoble, France
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is excellent because it's clean, nice and the staff is awesome. Especially the nice girl called "Cliché" who spent so much time to help me for my currency exchange (really hard to find in Peoria !). Moreover I had the honor to change my room for a more quiet one, and it was...a suite, for the same price (as it was available) !!!
Rooms are clean, nice, and with enough space.
The breakfeast is great and there's all you need, whatever the country you're from.
A very good experience and I'll comeback there if I go to Peoria once again !

Room Tip: One side is less quiet as there's the road really close.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SuperAwesomeWingate1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Peoria, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
We are glad you had such a great stay and hope to see you again. Thanks for mentioning how our staff went above and beyond for you. We strive to do that for every guest at the Wingate and appreciate you mentioning it!