“And to all a good night...”

Wingate by Wyndham Peoria
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
ELMHURST
“And to all a good night...”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our family of four stayed for two nights and enjoyed a beautifully kept hotel with very friendly and accommodating staff. The beds and pillows were very comfortable, towels large and soft, room spacious and well-appointed, and the breakfast staff were extremely attentive. We will definitely choose this hotel when we return to visit family in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Leeds
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I'm not rating this three stars because I have any complaints. (OK, the pillows were small and soft, and the "light blocking shades" didn't really do their job.) On the contrary, the room was clean, the staff helpful, and the fitness room above average as was the hot breakfast. It's just that this hotel, apparently situated on the far edge of a mall on the far edge of town (ie, in the middle of nowhere, but without any rural charm) can't help but remind me that I'm just here for the night and have no reason to prolong my stay. A few details on the room: there's a small fridge and microwave; the bathroom is traditional (ie, no sink in the sleeping area, which I prefer when travelling with a family); the internet worked well. The hotel is three years old. I wouldn't mind staying here again, but I do miss the genuinely distinctive touch and that's not to be found here.

Room Tip: Avoid the side facing the parking lot - at least on the ground floor - as, in our room, the "li...
AURORA
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Finally, the pool and whirlpool temperature were very good. During past stays here, the pool was always too cold and the whirlpool too hot. I am glad that they addressed my previous concerns because I had decided this would be my last stay if not fixed. Now, I'll be back, thank you.

1 Thank RME47
CHICAGO
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Althought the place seemed fine, that's the best I could say about it. The free breakfast was very limited and not very good at all. Alos, on a weekend, nobody wants to be done with breakfast by 9:30 so this should be extended. It was great that the Gold's Gym was offered for free day passes because the workout room there was so awkward. There were windows that faced right into the main lobby and people were constantly looking in and I felt incredibly distracted and on display. I was located near the laundry room for the maids and that is where they huddled and gossiped and laguhed- at 7 in the morning on a Sunday for hours. This was awful! The rooms were large and there was a fridge and microwave which was great. All in all, I probaly wouldn't go back.

2 Thank Christa W
SuperAwesomeWingate1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Peoria, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
I would like to thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay. Right now, with the new year, we are examining our breakfast selection and times to make it more accessible for all of our guests. Both myself and Al, who was working the front desk that morning, have addressed it with our entire housekeeping staff. If you do choose to stay with us again, I would be happy to take care of you personally and assign you to a distant room in a much quieter area. We do hope you will reconsider and join us again the next time you are in Peoria