“Wonderful place to stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Peoria
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Wonderful place to stay”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Very clean and well maintained. Staff is super friendly. Room was large and comfortable. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel before and were very disappointed on this trip. We will be trying another hotel in Peoria the next time we visit family.

The walls are thin. The doors don't block out much noise from the hallway. If you are on the road side of the hotel (even numbered rooms?) then you will get a very bright sun in the morning and noise from the interstate -- this bothered me on the weeknights but not the weekends and it never bothered my wife.

So the real entertainment was saturday night. At about 11pm, my wife got up because she couldn't sleep with all the noise in the hall. She banged on the door and through the door asked they stop making noise. (This woke me up.) The noise didn't go away so I went out into the hall and asked them. As we later figured out, the hotel had two wedding parties staying there. 4 party goers were pretty far down the hall but still were very loud. As I was going back into the room, I heard one of them say: "what did he say?" As I turned around to restate my request, I saw one of the women on all fours with her dress hiked over her rear-end mooning me. I called the front desk. The noise died down soon afterward.

The next night, at about the same time, the room next to us had a screaming child. I'm pretty sure they spanked him -- because that's the sound that came through the wall.

The bed is good. The shower is good. The breakfast is okay.

It's not a cheap hotel for Peoria. We will be trying another place next time.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Henry F
Saint Louis
Reviewed May 8, 2011

We stayed here because its location is convenient to family. They booked it and we were shocked to find a 145 room rate. We tried to change it but no luck. The room was ok not worth the price for sure. Hampton next or embassy suites are superior choices. The breakfast eggs were way overcooked. The shower pressure is weak. The pillows are sad too. Why 3 stars? Everything else was clean and satisfactory.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Andrew K
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 21, 2011

The customer service was not good at all. When I checked in there was one person at the desk on the phone, she never said a word to me when I came in. I stood there for about 10 min. The manager was in a meeting in the eating area and saw me standing there. She came over and I told her about the customer service and she apoligized. I had my rooms under price line - I asked ther manager if I could have a king bed instead if double - she said we can't do that our system does not allow that. She gave me my keys asked if we need directions. She not once told me about the hotel accomodations.
we were never told there was a hot breakfest or about the free afternoon appitizers/drink.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Wingate is a new hotel and therefore very clean. My only (BIG) complaint is the noise level. You can hear EVERYTHING in the adjoining rooms. I was in room 209 and had to listen to my neighbor snore for more than 3 hours. It was miserable.

In general the hotel is clean, bright and spacious. The room was adequate. The front desk attendant was very helpful and friendly.

This is a great hotel for business or leisure. However, bring earplugs if you would like to get any sleep.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank JmeB89309
Indianapolis IN
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This Wingate is in a very convenient location in Peoria. The hotel is within walking distance of Restaurants and just a short drive to the mall across the main road. It is close to major highways, and very well located to visit some of the larger manufacturing complexes in NW Peoria. It is also an easy drive to downtown Peoria, and avoids the less desirable neighborhoods of some of the hotels that are closer to downtown. There are other hotels in this same area that are slightly lower rate, but the Wingate offers better amenities and is very clean and comfortable making it a great overall value. The hotel is perfect for a business stay, but is also very family friendly and would be recommended for any basic hotel needs.
There may be some noise in rooms that face the highway, but overall this hotel is very quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
SuperAwesomeWingate1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Peoria, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
TravelingKevin,
Thanks so much for your kind comments! We really appreciate it! We also believe our location and amenities are two of our biggest assets.
For your next stay, please request a room facing away from the highway so we can accommodate your preferences.
Thanks!
Teresia Pearson
chicago
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I recently stayed here while visiting my child at Bradley University. It's about 15-20 min to get to the college-an easy drive. The room in general was very clean and beds were really comfortable. My only complaint would be noise. I could hear the alarm next door going off at 4:30 am and it stayed on about 15 min. I could also hear dumpsters being emptied at 6:00 am.
Breakfast was free, but not that great. Eggs dry, bacon over cooked, and runny pastry.
Location was good and next to a cute mall-plenty of restaurants nearby. Pool was very small.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
SuperAwesomeWingate1, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Peoria, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at the Wingate by Wyndham Peoria.
I am sorry to hear you had problems with noise when staying at our property. We are a concrete constructed building and it is very rare we have anyone mention their room being noisy. We hope this would not deter you from staying in the future.
Our hot expanded breakfast receives several compliments each week through guest surveys and we are sorry you did not find it to be as wonderful as most of our other guests do.