“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hickory River Smokehouse
Ranked #33 of 389 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
chicago
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

The food at Hickory River has never disappointed. I have been there numerous times and I have also had them cater a few parties! The pulled pork, beans, and ribs are to die for!! It is worth the 2 hour drive from the the chicago suburbs!

When we have catered with them, they prepared everything to our liking and they even gave us some extras that we didn't order! It was great having them roast a whole pig at our parties! The homemade sauces are superb!

I highly recommend this BBQ for anybody that is in Peoria and wants some great AUTHENTIC BBQ!

Las Vegas
“Wonderful BBQ, Great for Catering Parties”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

I originally had their BBQ when I was in college in Champaign and loved it. When I saw they opened in Peoria, I immediately went. Everything I've had is great, but my favorites are the Ribs and Pulled pork. Top it with their wonderful hot BBQ sauce and you have a great meal. I've since used them to cater 3 different parties and it was a huge hit with everyone. I would recommend them to anyone, especially since they're priced reasonably.

Chicago, IL
“Fantastic BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

This is my favorite barbeque I have ever had in the Midwest. It has never disapopointed and we have actually used them on several occasions for catering which was always a huge crowd pleaser! I highly recommend the brisket and the turkey. My husband loves the pork and cornbread. The sauces are also fabulous and very flavorful.

All in all a TEN!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
urbana, illinois
“Generous portions and clean to boot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

In times where everyone is trying to cut cost i have noticed that the portions still remain generous and home cooked feeling at Hickory River has remained consistant and at the top of my list.

Peoria, IL
“Everything is AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2009

I have eaten at Hickory River Smokehouse several times and everything that I have had has been great. I love the Brisket, Baby Back Ribs, Pulled Pork, Pork Loin, Chili, Corn Bread, Potato Salad, Ranch Beans, and Macaroni & Cheese....okay okay the whole menu is good if you ask me. I have always been treated very well by the employees and the owner and I highly recommend Hickory River Smokehouse.