“Standard fare”

Add it.
Jalapenos
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Decent food at reasonable price. Pretty much a typical mecican restaurant. Staff and decor average food a little better than average.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Jalapeños delivers good Mexican food in a nice setting. While I would not call its dishes overwhelming in size, it is solid Mexican food right down the middle of the plate. The drink specials seem to be popular here. My Modelo Especial was the perfect beverage for my enchilada platter. I would visit again. Insiders say that it is the tiptop of the Mexican restaurants in and around Peoria.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

The menu selection was vast and well organized comprising all the intriguing chicken, fish, vegetarian, beef and pork Mexican dishes one is accustomed to nowadays at fine “south of the border” restaurants. But what really got my attention was the ever elusive Chicken Mole Poblano (an inspired dish and sauce originally from Puebla – or formerly Puebla de los Ángeles, located deep in the heart of Mexico). The mole sauce is a fiesta of ingredients that includes ancho, anaheim and chipotle chilies; and raisins, almonds, sesame seeds, black peppercorns, cinnamon, oregano, thyme leaves, onions and garlic. And that’s not all – ingredients also include extra virgin olive oil, Serrano peppers, chopped plum tomatoes, bittersweet chocolate, lemon juice, kosher salt, radish, and cilantro leaves. The end result is “Mexican Medley Sauce” that compliments any poultry on the planet. It can take hours to prepare and days to simmer. Thus, served rarely at Mexican restaurants. The mole sauce at Jalapeno’s was absolutely wonderful. I was so pleased!

My partner ordered the Chicken Yucatan, a flavorful, but not spicy Mexican dish loaded with fresh vegetables (including sweet onions, green and red bell peppers, zucchini and squash) and chunks of tender white chicken breast. It was served on a bed of rice with guacamole, sour cream, and side salad. Unlike my dish that came with rice and delicate refried beans. She loved it but couldn’t finish it all – the portions were large! (I didn’t want to offend the chef so I happily polished off her plate, too). It was yummy!

1  Thank MrAnderson007
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I was overcharged on a carryout order. when I brought it to the waiters attention, he acted like a jerk and said 'show me' after I showed him, he gave me $2 back and said its been a bad day.
Get what, I will have no more bad days there because I wont be back

1  Thank karend9999
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I love this place! It's sort of hidden in a strip mall not visible from Pioneer Parkway, so I've been so close to it many times, but never knew it was there! The do a great job here, and MOST of the waiters are very nice. There's one waiter in particular that's a complete cut-up, super nice and funny guy. This place is a gem, best Mexican food I've had in years.