“Nice hotel with a great staff.”

Country Inn & Suites Peoria North
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Peoria
San Marcos, Texas
“Nice hotel with a great staff.”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

First, I'm a priceline junkie and got a room for $50 (2.5* per P/L). That being said, I really liked the hotel. The staff was very helpful in directing me to a local grocer and told me in advance about the free hot breakfast available at 6am. My room had 2 double beds, flat panel TV (50+ cable channels), microwave, mircofridge and free internet. I like the bathroom and the products. I thought the towels could have been fluffier and the mattress was ok. Easy drive to the outdoor mall (it's across the street) and 10 minute drive to the airport. Free USAToday and local Peoria newspaper available to all guests. There is an indoor pool and fitness center but did not use either. Business center has 2 free computers with internet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Apple Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Liked this hotel just fine. Pool was clean. Room was clean. Beds were comfortable. Kids liked the waffles at breakfast. Wished we could have fit a cot in the room as it was me and my sister and her 2 kids. We had a suite so at least 2 of us had our own beds. My sister and her son had to share. Still cheaper than getting two rooms I imagine. Starbucks is tucked away across near the shopping center. Nice for our morning drive.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Broken Arrow, OK
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Very clean and nice hotel. We stayed there for 3 nights. Breakfast was okay - it was better towards the end of our visit.
BUT - beware that the doors to the rooms slam shut. We had a sound machine running in the room, and the air conditioner, and still could hear - very loudly - the door slammings all hours of the night. You won't get much sleep.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Northeastern Colorado
Reviewed February 18, 2010

If you’re expecting a clean modern room hosted by friendly staff, the Country Inn of Peoria is for you. The Beds were comfy, the rooms were of nice size, they were clean, and the location was great. They were even able to help us with a problem we had with our vehicle. Our car got a flat tire and the jack was missing to change it. I believe Tim, the maintenance guy helped us out by getting the jack out of his own car and offered his help in changing our tire. The only problem was that there was no WiFi coverage in the hotel but the room was wired up with Ethernet jacks so bring your own cable if you’re expecting internet. I'm sure the front desk would have given us one if I had asked, but I didn't need to browse the internet that bad. I did check in for my flight out of Peoria Intl Airport using the Free Business Center Computers with Printer in the Lobby. I would stay again. Purchased the reservation through Priceline by bidding for it and got a great rate.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed February 11, 2010

Nice rooms, good staff but a tad pricey for a Peoria hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed January 23, 2010

We booked this hotel through Hotwire. The staff was very nice and helpful. The room was spacious. There is a flat screen HDTV in room and the furniture is comfortable and clean. The bed was comfortable. The only complaint I have about the room is the linens. The sheets on the bed were too small and slipped off during the night, the sheets also were a kind of scratchy. The towels were also scratchy and only two were put in the room, however we still enjoyed our stay and would return. The breakfast was decent, with a large variety of cereals, waffles, pre-made omelets and sausage patties. There is a Friday's next to the hotel and we really enjoyed the food.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We just returned from visiting our Son at Bradley University for Parent's Weekend.
We stayed 2 nights at the Country Inn & Suites.
Very Comfortable Beds, Clean Bathrooms, Good Breakfast and Free Wireless Internet Access, Free Parking.
It's little further out from Bradley, but only 5-7 minutes drive.
Very accessible to Shopping and Dining Out.
Our son will be attending Bradley for 4 years, I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple