“Great sushi”

Dining options: Reservations
East Peoria, Illinois
“Great sushi”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband is not a sushi fan, but the regular menu gave him plenty to chose from. I stuck to sushi and it was wonderful.

Visited January 2013

“Amazing = )”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I go to Sushi Ko every Friday night with my boyfriend for Sushi now because we love this place so much!

• Visited February 2013
Peoria, Illinois
“Excellent Food ... Sincere but Spotty Service”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Just finished excellent meal from the restaurant's Chinese menu. Outstanding ingredient and preparation quality. We had 12 dishes with outstandingly true Chinese food flavor. We lived in Hong Kong for several years and the aromas made several of us recall favorite restaurants there. A great sign of authenticity.

Service was spotty. The server was sincere but had to be asked for plates and other basic service items.

This restaurant is now branded "Sushi Ko" but retains Sushi Popo identity in phone and billing, so we presume some ownership changes have occurred.

Highly recommend for food quality, but be prepared for possible slow service.

1 Thank WARSAWRUN
“Good Service”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I had been to Sushi Popo many years ago, and the service then was horrible. We waited over an hour for our food. This is the first time I was back since they changed their name to Sushi Ko and remodeled. I asked the server if the restaurant changed hands, but he said it was the same owner. This time a friend and I went for lunch for my birthday. The restaurant was not busy, and our service was wonderful. The waiter was patient and accommodating and wished me a happy birthday. Not being a sushi fan, I ordered cashew chicken which also came with either hot and sour or egg drop soup, rice and a small order of edamame to share. The edamame and soup we're both good. I wasn't crazy about the cashew chicken, only because it had lots of zucchini which I do not care for. However, the chicken was tender and fresh, and the dish had lots of cashews. My friend loved it. I also got a free scoop of green tea ice cream for a birthday dessert. All in all, it was a nice, relaxing lunch, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely go again, especially with my daughter and son-in-law. They are vegetarians, and there are quite a few vegetarian dishes.

ALBANY,GA
“nothing special”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We went there for dinner one night. The food was good not great. The service was ok but nothing to write home about. My only real complaint was they give you appetizer size plates to eat off of. Our family likes to each order one dish and pass them around for every one to try. I guess they are not really set up for that. They do charge extra for hot tea so beware of that as well.

Visited December 2012