“Disgusting”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pekin
Columbus, Ohio
“Disgusting”
Reviewed September 28, 2010

The place smelled like a mixture of cat urine and cigarette smoke throughout. Door locks broken, dirty, and not friendly. There was a pool but I would never consider getting in it. Obviously pet friendly.....according to the odor. Do yourself a favor and spend and extra 30 dollars to stay somewhere else. As frequent travelers we are changing Hotel brands.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 20, 2010

When I got my room, the door wouldn't open. Apparently, the last guest left the metal latch in the lock position. I tried explaining to the front desk person who was a foreign man. He thought the key wasn't working until I brought him down to look. Once inside, I saw a huge stain on the chair by the desk. The desk was sticky like someone spilled pop. The bathroom counter was cracked. Front desk woman was asking how I got so cheap of a rate when I checked out. She kept questioning me and said I should've been charged more. What a nightmare!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Pasadena
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Room was decent and the bed was comfortable. Room was reasonably clean but not perfect. Breakfast was sparse. The owner/manager at the front desk is very hard to communicate with. The hotel is hard to find and he was not able to communicate directions to the hotel. Everyone in my group ended up with some form of spyware/adware/virus on their computer after using the free wireless internet.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
illinois
Reviewed April 20, 2009

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights. It was a good hotel. The price was reasonable. Not five star but we didn't pay for 5 star. No better or worse than any other midprice chain hotel. The room was clean. The pool was clean also. We have an elderly dog and did not want to board him at a kennel. This hotel allowed pets which was a plus for us.The breakfast was the normal cereal, rolls, juice, etc. The staff was very friendly. I had read the bad review. We did not have any mold in our bath and our bed linens were fine. No complaints. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Tulsa
Reviewed May 10, 2008

What a pit! Due to our job, my wife and I spend several months
a year on the road. This place was BAD! There was mold/mildew
around the tub/shower and on the floor as well as what must have been urine on the floor around the toilet. You could read
a newspaper through the sheets! We had booked several nights
but first thing the next morning we booked four nights at a competitor just down the road. After this experience, we now inspect any rooms before we move in.....YUCK!!

Stayed April 2008
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 22, 2007

A 2 night Stay mid-May 2007 for a family event in town. Hotel was just fine, clean, quiet. I had a dog with me, the grounds were very nicely maintained, and had lots of room to walk the dog. On the edge of town near all the chain restaurants and Big Box stores.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pekin
Super 8 Pekin/Peoria Area
Holiday Inn Express Hotels And Suites Pekin
Studio 6 Pekin
Studio 6 Pekin
#4 of 4 in Pekin
Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria
Baymont Inn & Suites Morton
Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center - East Peoria

Been to Econo Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!