“Dirty”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pekin
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
“Dirty”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

One star for this place is about two too many.

We stayed one night in this hotel and will never go back. The towels are stained and thin. The window in our room was broken - cracked from the top left to the bottom right. It had been taped up with duct tape. The desk clerk was totally unconcerned. Her solution was to pull the drapes. it was late and we had no close options so we stayed. And to top it all off we paid more for this dump than any other very nice places on our trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LMC919

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Appleton, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went to empty our cooler into the refrig in the room to find left over pizza in it...called the front desk to tell them and she came up and got the pizza but never even offered to wipe it out or clean it . Found a half eaten piece of pizza under the bed spread on the floor next to the bed. Coffee pot was covered in mold and we asked to have it exchanged the housekeeper said she would, however she brought back the same coffee maker with a note that stated they didnt have any other ones but she did clean out the mold. We did speak with the Manager who said the "housekeeper" was new and she talked with her. Upon using the shower the bathtub creaked and it felt like you were falling through the floor. I did ask for a reduction in the price due to the above issues and was told and given a receipt for a refund of $20.00 but did not receive it on my credit card. Very nice, friendly people but should be trained to be better hospitality Managers. Even at the low price, it was still unacceptable cleanliness.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BERNMILO

Travelers are raving about these Pekin hotels

Easton, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I booked this hotel online for myself, husband, and our three children. We went inside, price was $97 including tax since we needed a roll away which was $10 more. So we head to our room upstairs, we notice the washer/dryer had a basket w a full bottle of detergent on it. Indicating obviously people live here. Anyway, we had to take the stairs, since there is no elevator. As we got to the 2nd floor, people had their rooms doors wide open, tvs blaring, kids running everywhere. We get to our room and the door is hollow..not like a regular heavy steel hotel door. The kids were begging to swim so they changed super fast and my husband took them down too the pool. I got changed after a long day of basketball tourney stuff. And when I got out of the bathroom I started noticing all the horrible things in this hotel....Holes in the walls in several different places. TRASH on the floor from previous occupants. The window panes are all warped and the walls look to be trailer paneling that's been painted white. (later found out there had been a fire in this hotel). Pulled back the bed sheets and found dirt..actual dirt on the sheets. And the rollaway, horrible. The seams were all ripped open, and the stuffing was literally breaking apart and falling on the floor...Since its was already 830 pm & everything was booked all around for the tournaments, I at the very least wanted a discount. Went down stairs saw my kids in the pool, and 3 other children were standing in pjs looking at my kids through the pool window by front desk. That's when I heard " Haha, cant wait to see what they're going to look like after those sugar aunts get a hold of them. Hahaha" (YEP, thats right, they had actual ants everywhere in the pool area, my kids later metioned it) Right after that, those 3 kids proceeded to go to the breakfast area and drink milk from the fridge and get themselves cereal. I was instantly done. I asked for the manager she came and I told her everything and what the kids (which turned out to be HER KIDS!) had said right in front of me. I told her I wanted a full refund, we just want out of there. She quickly agreed and told the counter girl to refund my credit card. It was obviously not the first time they've had to refund money, because she didn't seem phased by it at all. She was very friendly and so was the counter girl, but the rest of the place was absolutely terrible. So at 9:30 pm at this point, we drove to Peoria and luckily found 1 open room available. I'm pretty sure we would have all slept in the car before actually staying the night in that disgusting hole of a motel.

So bottom line: AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS........unless of course you like dirty nasty, bug infested crap holes.

Room Tip: Choose a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Muffinsmomisawesome
Effingham, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stay in alot of hotels and this was by far the very worst i have ever been to! The room had a terrible odor, there was trash in the dresser drawers, lock was broke off of door to my room, no soap or towls in room, the outside door to get into hotel didnt require a key card to enter, holes in walls, just plain dirty hotel. The breakfast was a joke! (a few donuts and bagels with no condiments)
The hotel staff was lazy. There was a police man roaming around due to an odor of someone smoking pot. I didnt feel safe or comfortable in this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennifer M
Hamilton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

I decided on this hotel after reading the reviews of it being updated. Unfortunately the only updating is the carpet. The bathtub and toilet were quite dirty, we were supposed to have a nonsmoking room and instead we were stuck with a smoking room (absolutely disgusting!!!!) The beds were horribly uncomfortable, I think they've been there since the place was built. The continental breakfast was a joke, their wasn't much variety there but the problem was the presentation. I don't think throwing bagels and english muffins on the counter without even bothering to take them out of the generic wrapper is the best looking thing and the coffee was like drinking luke warm water. There was absolutely no information on anything in the area but if you wanted to visit someplace a hundred+ miles away they had info. on that. There is no outside area to sit, lots of cigarette butts in the parking lot and by the doors as there is no where for people to put their cigarette when they're finished so it just gets thrown on the ground. The only plus of this hotel is the staff, they were nice and courteous and when extra pillows and towels were requested they were brought to us immediately. It looks like we will be returning to the area yearly and this hotel will definitely be on my "AVOID" list!

Room Tip: My son and his team stayed at the Concorde Inn just down the street, it was much better and pretty m...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shilea W
Chaney G, Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Shilea, I read your review and apologize that you were not pleased with your recent stay with us. We are in the "Process of renovating, we just had the new carpet replaced, and I am in the process of painting rooms, I do the work myself so it takes a while to get 48 rooms painted. I apologize that you were in a Non smoking room that someone had smoked in. I hope that you will consider giving us another chance to prove to you that we are working hard at making this the #1 hotel in Pekin.

I appreciate the compliment on my staff, I was out of town the weekend that you were here, so I am glad to hear that they took great care of you while I wasn't here.

Sincerely, Chaney Gniadek (Manager)
Econolodge & Suites of Pekin
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2012

The new management of the hotel is really doing a great job! This was our third stay this year, and each time has been better than before. You can't beat the value! Very friendly, clean and affordable! We'll be back soon!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jeff M
Chaney G, Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Jeff, again thank you for the compliments!!! We are always happy to see you and your family when you come to town, we sincerely appreciate your business, and know that you have other options for lodging and we appreciate that you continually choose us. Hope all is well and we will see you again soon!!

Sincerely, Chaney Gniadek (Manager) & Staff
Econo Lodge & Suites of Pekin
Rolla, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past year. The new management is terrific and have offered a consistantly wonderful stay. The rooms are clean and well maintained and the mangement accomodating and helpful not just with needs at the hotel but additionally with information pertaining to the area. The Gniadek's (management) will take good care of you.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Katherine0621
Chaney G, Manager at Econo Lodge and Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Katherine, I wanted to let you know, that I greatly appreciate the kind words that you had to say about us. I'm glad that you have noticed the positive changes that we have made here at the hotel. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again in the near future!!! If there is ever anything else that we can help you with please dont hesitate to let us know!!
Sincerely, Chaney Gniadek (Manager) Econolodge & Suites of Pekin.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pekin
Super 8 Pekin/Peoria Area
Days Inn Morton
Days Inn Morton
#5 of 7 in Morton
Baymont Inn & Suites Morton

Been to Econo Lodge and Suites? Share your experiences!