Holiday Inn Express Hotels And Suites Pekin
$69
$63
$50
Super 8 Peoria East(East Peoria)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotels.com
$110
Best Western Plus Peoria(East Peoria)(Great Value!)
$115
Par-A-Dice Hotel(East Peoria)
$93
$90
Travelocity
All reviewssoftball tournamenthi expressnice clean propertybrush your teethfamily funeralexceptional hotellate checkhot tubpleasant staywould definitely stay here againfront desk staffpekingwalmartavantishiecerealclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed in Pekin for a family event. There were not many choices in this area. The hotel was clean (although my footies were filthy upon leaving...I am rather weird about walking about barefooted in hotel rooms..). At any rate, it appeared clean. The bed was a little soft for my tastes, but I prefer a firm mattress. A rate of $151 (tax included) seemed rather high to me, but like I said...we were rather limited. There was state competitions in neighboring Peoria, so the hotel was fully booked. They seemed a bit unprepared because they ran out of towels. The floor above us either booked a herd of cattle, or a team of teenagers...which I believe it the latter. I have no trouble with teenagers, had two myself...just not peaceful and quiet. We were at the end of the floor, so the outside noise was a bit tolerable, but many slamming doors and running down the hallway.
The front desk was very friendly, and did have a toiletry need we had forgotten, with no charge. We did not partake in the early morning breakfast, as it was rather busy with teams. I realize that this might not be a normal situation for this hotel...you might want to check and see if there are any state tournaments in the area before staying. For the money we paid I expected a little more...extra towels (water on floor in bathroom due shower curtain issues.) I know the high room rates were due to the tournaments, which is a bit expected, but we have another one booked in Georgia soon and it is $40 cheaper! This was a decent place to stay, but might go further down the road to another town before booking again during this season.

Room Tip: Always choose the top floor due to noise level, and find out about tourneys in the area.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tchrmom777
Carl C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotels And Suites Pekin, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

It is very helpful to me when a guest goes into such detail about their stay. It is a great tool for our staff to use to help correct our shortfalls and recognize our successes especially when it comes to the employees of the hotel that provide great service.

Regarding the higher rate you paid, you are exactly correct when you stated that the rate was higher due to the teams that were in town for the competitions. My best advise I can give is to book your reservations as far in advance as possible to obtain the best rate as all rates fluctuate with demand. Another tip is that all Holiday Inn properties have available the "Advance Purchase" rate which in most cases has to be booked at least 14 days before arrival. This can save you some money no matter where you stay. But be careful because these reservations are non-refundable should you have to cancel if your plans change. This type of reservation will also require full payment at time of booking.

I apologize to you and your family for not being able to eat breakfast in the morning due to the teams. I have spoken with my Regional Director of Sales and have informed him of your issue. In the future we will attempt to seperate the teams into another banquet room when available to reduce the traffic in the breakfast area and this way you can enjoy the breakfast you deserve. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Regarding the noise; you were right on again with getting the top floor. When making your reservation you always have the option to request the top floor and while we can not guarantee you will receive this we do everything we can to accommodate all requests.

Thank you very much for your time and your suggestions were very helpful to myself and my staff!

Wishing you safe travels!

Reviewed May 3, 2012

This is a newer place that is excellent in most ways. Very clean, fast internet, comfortable bed, great service and check-in. Note that it is a somewhat circuitous path to get to it from I-494 - make certain your directions are clear.

I asked for a room on the top floor when making reservations, was given a room on the second floor with no other options when I arrived at 8:00 PM. I always get a top floor because of noise issues. So, from between 4:30 and about 5:00 AM, I was treated to what sounded like furniture rearrangement overhead. This is less a complaint of this hotel, and more HI express and similar buildings in general. They tend to loud.

For those interested, the breakfast was well below average. No hot food (out of order sign) and the bagel I got was stale.

Good rate though and I would return, but only if I got a room on the top floor.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank roboird

Thank you for your comments! I have addressed your concerns regarding breakfast and can assure you this will not happen again. I also looked into why you were not provided a top floor room. I can not provide you with a reason why this did not happen but I did bring this up to the front desk staff at our weekly meeting. While we can not guarantee this type of request we do try to provide you with your requests.

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

This hotel is located 1/2 mile from the Avanti's Pekin Dome. Conveinient yes, hospitable absolutely NOT! The property is new and clean. The breakfast is a plus. Some of the front desk staff needs to return to hospitality school, asked for a late check out and the young lady at the front desk could not have been more ignorant, and I am a Priority Club Member, that being said she was ignorant and rude for the entire weekend. We will be contacting the General Manager. They should warn teams ahead of time that upon check in you must sign a behavior contract. Guests may not have more than 5 people to a room. No one under 18 may walk in halls after 10:00 p.m. and no one over 18 may be in the hall after 11 p.m. Are you kidding me? Previously stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Morton for a tournament and they were more than hospitable. Not here. Travel teams be warned. If travel teams did not stay there on weekends you would be empty.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Julie M

I apologize again for your experience with my staff. I have spoken with the employee you had mentioned and it has been addressed. I am truely sorry if she was out of line.

The "Guest Policy Waiver" which has been put in place to help control excessive noise in the hotel, is in place for the protection, safety and attempt to keep excessive noise down. While it does not state that no one can be in the hallway after 11 pm it does state that a quiet time of 11:00 pm has been established and at this time all hallways, public areas and rooms must be free from any gatherings causing excessive noise. This is done so all can enjoy there stay and obtain the rest everyone is looking for when staying away from home and ensure the safety of everyone. If anyone is in the need of an area to gather anyone has the option of renting one of our banquet rooms which are all located away from any hotel room. They can accommodate up to 100 people and this may be a good option in the future.

Regarding the maximum of 5 people to a room. This is not our rule this a Fire Code regulation that we must abide by and is for everyones safety.

Thank you for the kind comment regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and the breakfast area. I will be sure to let both the housekeeping department know of your nice comment as well as the breakfast attendants!

Thank you for taking the time to write the review and I hope you understand the reason the policy is in place. I really hope you choose to visit our location again so you can see your comments did not fall onto deaf ears.

Thanks again!

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I travel frequently across the US. Hotel staff very curteous and friendly. Rooms very clean and breakfast very satisfying. For the price I definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Bones650
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I was impressed with how clean the hotel and rooms were. Breakfast was nice, yes it was free so I can't complain too loudly. Would have been nice to have fruit. Front desk people were very nice and always quick to greet you. Room was always cleaned by the maids. The room was really nice and spacious with many features including microwave and fridge. Lots of eating places and shopping right nearby. Very little outside noise. Bathroom was super clean! No mold or nasty caulking jobs. Their wireless was pretty good, easy to connect to. Speed was decent. Hallway carpeting was dizzying but clean. Not afraid to walk in my bare feet to the pool. Don't think this racist, but in all the hotels I have stayed, this is the only one I have been at that had no ethnic diversity, all the employees were white. I didn't care, I know some people do.

The pool area could have used a little help. The floor of the pool and hottub was visibly dirty...showered afterwards. Cable selection was poor, glad I had laptop and their wireless so I could watch Netflix (even though the connection dropped every 20 minutes with Netflix only). Wanted to use gym, didn't like the idea of all the windows. I felt like a store window display every time someone walked by. The walls were very thin. I was blasted by the TV on one side and a frisky couple on the other. A little creaped out by all the smokers hanging out at the front doors and the pool's outside windows. Take your room towel when going to the pool, the pool towels are the size of kitchen hand towels.

Room Tip: Room with 1 king size bed also had a hide-a-bed in the loveseat. TV's have external hookups, might try a game console or dvd player. Multiple 'firmness' of pillows great! Firmness written on pillowcases.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Dale S
ExpressGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotels And Suites Pekin, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Thank you for your review, we are always looking for ways to better our hotel. We take to heart everything you have to say about your stay. We hope that you will choose us again.

Erin Schuette