“Basic rooms with added benefits....”
Review of Studio 6 Pekin

Studio 6 Pekin
Studio 6 Pekin
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pekin
Mount Prospect, Illinois
“Basic rooms with added benefits....”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Well this is the second time we and our friends have stayed at this hotel.
(Motorcycle trip from Arlington Heights....)
This hotel is basic with average rooms that do need some updating but are a good place to sleep.
The benefits of staying here are the awesome bar with the typical bar fare and pool.
The staff is very friendly and accommodating.
If you are in the area try this hotel for a great online rate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ericl61

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We must always find 'pet friendly' lodging when we travel to accomodate our 2 little Yorkies, Mitzy and Maggie Mae. In this small town of Pekin, IL we stay at Concorde Inn. It's an older property but fulfills our needs. There is lots of grassy areas for 'the girls' to romp in and get some exercise. There are many restaurants nearby, some of them within walking distance.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Marianne S
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Took us back to the 50s & 60s. Very friendly front-desk people, vintage rooms, vintage beds, vintage TV. Nothing hot for breakfast, but cereal & milk was OK with us. All the newer motels were full and we were glad to get a room at Concorde cause it was also full. We slept ok and that is what we needed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Bill E
Westland, MI
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This is a fairly old motel in Pekin, IL. You can see the effects from our weak economy on the property on the outside. I was pleased to find the rooms very well kept. I had a smoking room and to my shock it didn't smell like smoke when I arrived. The room was large and had a fridge/micro in it. Only gripe, the cord for microwave was so short to reach outlet, I had to put the micro on the floor to plug it to heat food. :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank nubear
Summersville, Missouri
Reviewed May 19, 2012

When I made reservations for 3-nights for my grand--daughter and myself, I specifically inquired as to the availability of the swimming pool. I was told it would be opened for the season a few days before my trip. It was NOT open because the health inspector had not ok'd it, so we weren't allowed in the pool.
Due to our DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door when the room service came by to clean, our beds were not made, wet towels were left on the floor where we were told to leave them, and no cleaning was done while we were out for the day. We had to walk to the front desk after dark to get our own clean towels when we got back for the night.
Several police cars were parked at the front door of the hotel and officers were inside speaking with hotel personnel shortly after we checked in the first night. I stopped one officer and asked if it was safe to stay there! He didn't have an answer.
The second night, my grand-daughter woke up to voices outside our room and saw two men sitting directly in front of our door. When they saw her looking around the drapes, they made disturbing gestures towards her. We decided that night to cut our visit short.
1. No pool; 2. No room service; 3. Lack of security. Three strikes and they're out in my book.

Room Tip: Ask to look at the room before taking the one they assign to you. Some have better locations, and so...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Library-Lady65571
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed May 1, 2012

A local government employee recommended the Concorde Inn for a 2-night business trip as the best combination of quality and value. I have to agree. The property is on a main street through town, a short drive from the mall area. It is a bit dated on the outside. The brick facade could use some sprucing up. It might have recently had a property name change, because a hanging banner outside was the only indication it was the Concorde Inn. When I walked in to check in, I thought it was probably going to be just a passable budget hotel but nothing special. But when I got into my room, I was pleasantly surprised. It seemed recently refurbished, had a microwave and refrigerator, and a spotlessly clean bathroom with newer tile work. There is a "breakfast room" in the lobby, but it is pretty spartan and could easily be skipped, unless you just want a bagel and coffee. I would go instead next door to the Burger King and get hot breakfast there. The room was fine, not huge, and the bed was decent. I didn't like the two pillows that felt like foam sponges; they could do better than that. To get into my room I had to slide the card key into the lock, and then throw my shoulder against the door to open it because it kinda got stuck every time. There is a restaurant/bar on property with a limited burger and snack menu but excellent food and drink prices. You might want to walk across the street to the Mexican restaurant which was very busy and had good margaritas. There is a nice Starbucks down the street toward the mall. Overall this hotel was very adequate and priced very well. You could spend more money in this town to stay in another perhaps nicer property, but if you just need a place to sleep, this is it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank QuickDrawMcGraw77
Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The room was clean, the staff was friendly, and the price was very good. The air conditioner was beat up (the air fins that direct the flow were gone) so the cold air blew right on the bed. The microwave, refrigerator, and TV worked so that was a plus. The wi-fi worked great which is always a pleasant surprise. There's a decent bar on the premises and you can get bar snacks if you don't want to go out to dinner. The location is excellent - it's near the shopping area of Pekin. Two of the female staff called me "honey" (I'm a middle aged man) which I thought was charming. I would stay there again because of the excellent value but don't expect a luxury hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank Steve S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pekin
Super 8 Pekin/Peoria Area
Econo Lodge and Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotels And Suites Pekin
Embassy Suites by Hilton East Peoria - Hotel & RiverFront Conf Center
Hampton Inn Peoria-East At The River Boat Crossing
Baymont Inn & Suites Peoria

Been to Studio 6 Pekin? Share your experiences!