“Always an EXCELLENT stay!”
Review of Paxton Inn Motel

Paxton Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Paxton
Riverview, Michigan
“Always an EXCELLENT stay!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This little place is amazing. I am disapointed to read the few negitive reviews of it. Come on people you are staying in the town of Paxton which is so small everyone knows everyone! We have been to the Paxton Inn 2 times now, and can not say enough GREAT things! The owner is always so friendly to us, and the rooms are ALWAYS nice and clean. The price is right for a quiet little Inn like this and a pleasent stay! We will stay there every time we go to visit Paxton and Loda! I like the feeling of small town and if you are looking for a bigger more expensive place to stay, keep on driving, but you will be missing out on something really special!!! Thank you again!

The Hunter Family!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank lhunter12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Virginia Beach
Reviewed June 6, 2012

No, it is not the Ritz but Paxton is not Manhattan either! However, Paxton Inn Motel is a good value for the money and very comfortably suited my needs each of the 5 times I have stayed there. I love the throw-back "motel style" where you park in front and walk right in to your room. Rooms are always clean, comfortable and roomy. Great to have the refrigerator and microwave both of which were very clean and I put them to good use! The owner is a terrific man who's goal is to please his guests...all you have to do is ask!
I will definitely stay here again...with family in the area and me out of town it is a given!

Room Tip: Haven't had a "bad" one yet! Even though it is right off the highway I have never had...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Anita L
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I just stayed 6 days in the Paxton Inn. The price was quite reasonable, the staff exceedingly friendly and accommodating. The room , including the bathroom was clean. I used both the microwave and the refrigerator and they were both spotless. I found no worn out linen or towels and the mattress on the bed was quite comfortable, as were the pillows.
I have stayed at the Inn in the past and plan to do so in the future. It is convenient, friendly, reasonable and clean.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kay S
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed for one night. The property is near the highway and looks somewhat dated as you approach. The rooms are more than adequate and clean however. Front desk was friendly and the price fair. Wouldnt hesitate to stay again if in Paxton. No significant noise from outside and the highway was noted. The restaurant next door is great for breakfast by the way...Hotel doesnt have any coffee or breakfast but there was a fridge in the room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank flipper95
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Well I can't understand why there were bad reviews of this place. It's a MOTEL people, not a 5 star Hilton! I'm personally just glad there's a decent place to stay when I'm in that particular area. I've been there a few times for work and I've not had a problem yet. The guy at the front is a nice guy who's helpful whenever I need anything. I came in late once and needed extra towels and the guy was nice enough to bring them to my room even though it was actually pretty late. The rooms were fine considering it's an old establishment. I get a nice warm room with a hot shower on a cold evening with a tv to watch and relax, fridge, microwave, and internet, and that's not bad for the price! The restaurant next door isn't bad either. Nice to get fresh coffee in the morning without having to drive around.

I know I'm a hardworking man and when I see other people doing the same but get reviewed badly, well that's a bit harsh. We're all trying to make our way in this world, that's the way I see it. Like I said, it's not a 5 star hotel, but I'd stay there any day.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank nomader76
Belleville, Michigan
Reviewed October 5, 2011

When you look at the facade of the hotel, it seems so dilapidated. Inside, it is so dirty. The owner told us that they don't vacuum and mop the floors, they just change the bedding. The rooms need a lot of major renovation. And the price is a little high for a dirty and disgusting place. We found a big spider in our bathroom and flies in our room.

It's not worth to stay in this motel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kate585

Travelers are raving about these Paxton hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Not the most up to date, but I don't like to pay Rizt prices anyway $60-$70.Good TV and station selection, frig and microwave & internet. Quite even when full.
Big truck parking.
Frendly owner
Have stayed several times; would not go back if it wasn't OK

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank FRED F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paxton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rantoul
Motel 6 Gilman
#2 of 3 in Gilman
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Champaign
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area

Been to Paxton Inn Motel? Share your experiences!