“Wedding weekend”

TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Paxton B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Timber Creek was the perfect host to our family wedding Sep 24th. The decor was beautiful the location even better. Rooms were great & we stuffed them to the max. The innkeepers more than accommodating to our many requests. Truly a wonder time was had by all.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Katy W

Reviewed October 5, 2011

We were married at Timbercreek on 9/24/2011. We chose this venue back in January of 2011 and through the entire 9 month planning process in which I contacted Jim MANY times for small details, questions, idea’s, etc – have nothing but good things to say and positive experiences. We arrived out the day before and were greeted by Connie the caretaker of the grounds. She was amazing, down to ever last detail she was available, helpful and gracious. We decorated the tent without problems, in fact Jim was around as well as Connie and later his wife and family. The price was very reasonable, the Inn was beautiful and the people were amazing. Our wedding and reception were both held on the grounds. Of the 60 people who came to the wedding all the way from Chicago, there was not one disappointed person. In fact one person said “who would have known you could have such a fun and beautiful wedding all the way out in a small town called Paxton”. We rented a few rooms the night before the wedding and even with other guests on the property Connie could not have been more helpful. The day of the wedding we awoke to Connie making fresh coffee and incredible food! Our guests who stayed in the inn were treated with the greatest of hospitality. We had a few minor issues arise and immediately Jim took care of it. Things could not have been more perfect. I wouldn’t have changed a thing and not only that but we have every intention of getting back to Timbercreek and the beautiful bed and breakfast Jim created, as often as possible. In fact we have already made the decision to go back for our first anniversary! I highly recommend this venue for not only a wedding but any type of celebration as well as the bed and breakfast!

Room Tip: You can't pick a bad one! They are all so beautifully decorated and comfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jennmorgan
Reviewed October 4, 2011

I'm not one to leave reviews because in most cases, its not worth my time, but if I could save one bride the horrors that I witnessed, THIS will be worth it. My sister was married there recently. It is a beautiful BEAUTIFUL place. My sister and mother planned this wedding and stressed over it for a year.

The owner put my sister in the uncomfortable situation of basically telling her he was having another wedding ceremony on the same day. After hesitation from my sister (rightfully so as she had already paid and booked WELL in advance), they came to an agreement (that we have in writing) stating that we could be out there to decorate and for pictures.

The trouble began at the rehearsal, where we were treated as though we were strangers that had just invaded the property. As such, the rehearsal ran late.

The next day, we arrived at the venue to find that the other wedding was over and they were having a reception there. We were told we could not park in the main lot. We missed pictures. My mother was unable to decorate (the decorations we spent a year working on). Guests were confused. The groomsmen were threatened. The owner called the cops who came out and were supposedly going to stay throughout the ceremony to "keep us under control." Two patrol cars came out, talked to the owner for 5 minutes and then left. The only words the cops had for us was a congratulations to the bride.

I watched my mother and sister cry on what should have been one of the most fantastic days of their lives.

By some miracle, we were allowed to continue with the ceremony, which was beautiful. Although we went through hell to get there, we made in through the wedding. We were treated very well by another employee, Connie, who was very polite throughout the entire ordeal.

We can never get this day back. And my sister will probably never get her money back either. It all comes down to greed. There is NO REASON that another wedding should have been booked that day and the owner preyed on my sister's kind, generous nature and then made good on nothing he promised. It is for this reason, that I feel that I HAVE to leave horrible feedback like this. This is the kind of stuff you see on Judge Judy that you think can never happen to you, but it can. All i can say is, if it is your wedding day, pick your venue wisely. Even if you have a contract, it doesn't mean it will be honored.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
21  Thank Maggie F
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Thanks to Timber Creeks amazing, friendly, helpful staff my wedding weekend was perfect. The breakfasts both mornings were so delicious and not a single one of my relatives staying at the B&B had one complaint. All the guests raved about how beautiful the place was! The rooms were beautifully furnished and the beds were VERY comfortable...I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms...for honeymooners, the Rose Garden Suite was great!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Samantha G
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We had a very nice stay at Timber Creek. The Inn was very clean, tastefully decorated and welcoming. We stayed in the "Rose Garden Suite".... and were very impressed. The suite was magical. Connie, the innkeeper, was a special blessing and added true warmth to our stay. We hope to go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jodiEureka_IL
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We checked into this bed & breakfast for our son's college graduation. We were totally shocked when we checked into a cabin and found there is NO bathroom and no running water in the premise. The outhouse which was 30 yards away, had a toilet with 2 yucky hand towels. There is NO hot water and NO shower. It's inconvenient to go to the outhouse/bathroom at night. In the cabin, there was a TV set; however, it had no function. The sofas were itchy. By the way, the breakfast time was 8 - 8:30 am only. Needless to say, we checked out this place the first thing, next morning. I could not bear the thought without taking a shower for the remaining timed booked... The cabin resembled a camping ground, but not a hotel... For the price they charged which was $130 a night, it was a rip-off! For the nature related theme which was obviously intended, the absence of comfort was sacrificed for primitive conditions.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
20  Thank Travelingtheworld14
JimWalder, Owner at TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Obviously we are concerned if we get a bad review. At TimberCreek, we pride ourselves on delivering a great experience for our guests. However, there is a likely explanation for this review.

The Rustic Cabin is not part of the Bed & Breakfast building. It is a great place to stay overnight if you are after a rustic cabin experience where the bathroom does not have hot water or a shower and is separate from the Cabin in a quaint little Rustic Outhouse. All this is clearly and publicly stated on our website for all to see.

These particular guests booked online for the Rustic Cabin over the University of Illinois Graduation Weekend. Evidently they did not read the room description before doing so. They also booked late for a weekend where hotels, motels, and B&B's fill up six months in advance. My best guess is that they were desperate to find a room and when they discovered the Rustic Cabin they reserved it immediately without taking the time to read the description.

We were not provided with an email, phone number, or an address either where we could have contacted them in advance. While we do not wish to have any unhappy guests, I'm not sure what we could have done differently in this particular situation.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I have stayed at TimberCreek 4 nights in the last 2 months as it is close to a major new client. I spend 120 nights a year on the road and stay in both major hotels and B&B's in my travels. This place is an absolute delight for me to spend some down time. Taking a walk along the creek under the trees is a great way to let the tensions and cares of the day drain away. I love spending the evening by the fireplace preparing for the next day in a quiet, serene atmosphere with a cup of my favorite hot tea. Connie is so accomodating in making sure my breakfast at 6am is hot and ready for me to start the day. Knowing I am diabetic, she sends some fruit with me to cover any glycemic issues I might have. The rooms are spotless and the bed is comfortable (I have had 4 major back surgeries and painfully notice bad bedding). I would heartily recommend Timbercreek to anyone needing a place of rest and refuge in this area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank bandy57
JimWalder, Owner at TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Thanks for your kinds words and nice review. These are the comments we normally hear first-hand from guests at TimberCreek. I'm glad you have found us and that we can be helpful.

Been to TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!