“Perfect Wedding Weekend!”

TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Paxton B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Thanks to Timber Creeks amazing, friendly, helpful staff my wedding weekend was perfect. The breakfasts both mornings were so delicious and not a single one of my relatives staying at the B&B had one complaint. All the guests raved about how beautiful the place was! The rooms were beautifully furnished and the beds were VERY comfortable...I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms...for honeymooners, the Rose Garden Suite was great!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Samantha G
There are newer reviews for TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed June 27, 2011

We had a very nice stay at Timber Creek. The Inn was very clean, tastefully decorated and welcoming. We stayed in the "Rose Garden Suite".... and were very impressed. The suite was magical. Connie, the innkeeper, was a special blessing and added true warmth to our stay. We hope to go back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jodiEureka_IL
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We checked into this bed & breakfast for our son's college graduation. We were totally shocked when we checked into a cabin and found there is NO bathroom and no running water in the premise. The outhouse which was 30 yards away, had a toilet with 2 yucky hand towels. There is NO hot water and NO shower. It's inconvenient to go to the outhouse/bathroom at night. In the cabin, there was a TV set; however, it had no function. The sofas were itchy. By the way, the breakfast time was 8 - 8:30 am only. Needless to say, we checked out this place the first thing, next morning. I could not bear the thought without taking a shower for the remaining timed booked... The cabin resembled a camping ground, but not a hotel... For the price they charged which was $130 a night, it was a rip-off! For the nature related theme which was obviously intended, the absence of comfort was sacrificed for primitive conditions.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
20  Thank Travelingtheworld14
JimWalder, Owner at TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2011

Obviously we are concerned if we get a bad review. At TimberCreek, we pride ourselves on delivering a great experience for our guests. However, there is a likely explanation for this review.

The Rustic Cabin is not part of the Bed & Breakfast building. It is a great place to stay overnight if you are after a rustic cabin experience where the bathroom does not have hot water or a shower and is separate from the Cabin in a quaint little Rustic Outhouse. All this is clearly and publicly stated on our website for all to see.

These particular guests booked online for the Rustic Cabin over the University of Illinois Graduation Weekend. Evidently they did not read the room description before doing so. They also booked late for a weekend where hotels, motels, and B&B's fill up six months in advance. My best guess is that they were desperate to find a room and when they discovered the Rustic Cabin they reserved it immediately without taking the time to read the description.

We were not provided with an email, phone number, or an address either where we could have contacted them in advance. While we do not wish to have any unhappy guests, I'm not sure what we could have done differently in this particular situation.

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I have stayed at TimberCreek 4 nights in the last 2 months as it is close to a major new client. I spend 120 nights a year on the road and stay in both major hotels and B&B's in my travels. This place is an absolute delight for me to spend some down time. Taking a walk along the creek under the trees is a great way to let the tensions and cares of the day drain away. I love spending the evening by the fireplace preparing for the next day in a quiet, serene atmosphere with a cup of my favorite hot tea. Connie is so accomodating in making sure my breakfast at 6am is hot and ready for me to start the day. Knowing I am diabetic, she sends some fruit with me to cover any glycemic issues I might have. The rooms are spotless and the bed is comfortable (I have had 4 major back surgeries and painfully notice bad bedding). I would heartily recommend Timbercreek to anyone needing a place of rest and refuge in this area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank bandy57
JimWalder, Owner at TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Thanks for your kinds words and nice review. These are the comments we normally hear first-hand from guests at TimberCreek. I'm glad you have found us and that we can be helpful.

Reviewed May 21, 2010

My husband and 6 year old daughter came for his graduation from UIUC May 2010. It was a memorable experience. I am am still craving the quite, serenity and comfort I found at Timbercreek. Yes, there is no TV, but the innkeepers were more than willing to place a tv w/ a vcr/dvd player on my room considering I had my 6 year old with me. We figured no TV could do us all some good. To our pleasant surprise, Connie put the tv in our room when we arrived back from on our first night. We were all so busy running back and forth we barely had time to watch any tv. It was very thoughtful and helpful on one of the evenings though.

The cell phone reception is not very good. However, thisis exactly the beauty. No internet, no tv, no cell phones. THIS IS GOOD!!!!! Getting away from all the chaos of the city life is a really great thing. This escape renewed our spirits and connection as a family.

Also, the room was cleaner than clean. I am all about clean rooms and bedding etc...I stayed in the Morning Glory Suite and it was so clean, you could almost eat off the floors. The house was full except for one room. You would never know the B& B was full of any guests it sooooo quite and people carried themselves in a very nice way. More families in for UIUC graduation.

Also, the grounds were beautiful. The creek was gorgeous. Everything was like paradise.

Now, about breakfast and Connie. She was AMAZING! The breakfast was wonderful as well. The Sunday morning breakfast is continental. The best continetal breakfast I have ever had...I would only call it that because it was not served on a plate. It was laid out for you to help yourself. The Monday morning breakfast was a sit down breakfast. It was sooooo cute and tasty. She made these little eggs inside of bacon ( I think) that were delicious. I could complain about nothing. Connie was warm and inviting and yet did not over do it.

Oh, and every room has its own private bathroom, which is GREAT! They had card games, puzzles and magazines and photo albums to keep yourself entertained in the living room if you want. However, I was perfectly content spending quiet time in our room as a family.

If you ever need to write or do anything that requires focus like reading or analyzing data, this is a great place for it. I should have gone here when I was writing my dissertation.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank DRNHS

Thank you very much. TimberCreek was created to be the place you describe--a quiet, peaceful venue to get away from television, radio, and mobile phones and relax. Since your stay we have added a small business center with a laptop computer, printer, and WiFi.

Reviewed April 3, 2010

My boyfriend surprised me with an overnight trip to this B&B as it was fairly near to our home. After reading some of the negative reviews of this B&B on this site, I felt compelled to write my own review. Our experience at Timbercreek was wonderful & relaxing. As we drove up the long winding driveway, we were both struck by the beauty of the property. We stayed in the Rose Garden Suite which was nothing short of fabulous. We had a fireplace, 2 person jacuzzi tub and 2 headed shower. The entire B&B is immaculately clean and very well kept. It is easy to see how much work & dedication the owners have put into this place. We will definitely return. The location is very remote, and thus not the place to go if you are looking for a great deal of activity and entertainment, but it is a wonderful place to get away for peace & quiet.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dian771

Thanks for visiting TimberCreek and for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate it!

Reviewed July 11, 2008

Bugs and big spiders were everywhere.... The managment was a jerk. Could care less..... I am amazed this place is even still open.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
20  Thank Colt10

Sir, you seemed to be happy at TimberCreek until we denied your request to use our personal washer and dryer. After that nothing was right and now you have posted an uncomplimentary review for all to see.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paxton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rantoul
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Urbana-Champaign (U of I Area)
Comfort Suites Urbana Champaign, University Area
Drury Inn & Suites Champaign
Magnuson Hotel Heritage Inn

Been to TimberCreek Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!