“5* Service”

Ranked #4 of 5 Restaurants in Elstead
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of Surrey's best country pubs, the unique converted mill at Elstead is steeped in history and surrounded with beauty. The pub, on the river Wey, invites you to relax with great food and drink while the swans, ducks and water wheel outside play their part in the magic.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited with a friend today had sandwich's which was delicious. The service was 5* and a beautiful location too highly recommend !

Date of visit: September 2019
The M, Manager at The Mill at Elstead, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

thank you so much for the feedback Sue!

Write a reviewReviews (764)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We chose the Mill because my partner is disabled and they were extremely helpful when I emailed them. This exemplary service continued when we visited. The staff couldn't have been more helpful and made no fuss about my partner's access, they just got on with it as if they had wide wheelchairs every day! The food was delicious and I thoroughly recommend the black pudding croquettes. Unfortunately I was driving but managed a pint with my meal. The waiter was very knowledgeable with my selection and the ale was gorgeous and clearly well kept. I asked if I could take a small cake for one of the party and, again, they couldn't have been more helpful. It was an evening I will treasure.

Date of visit: September 2019
The M, General Manager at The Mill at Elstead, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Than you so much, it was an absolute pleasure to be able to accommodate you, and we are so glad your evening was so enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you again soon, Rachel GM

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I have recently found this pub and we absolutely love it!! The surroundings are beautiful and the pubs extensive grounds have plenty of seating and some have heaters, there are also very friendly ducks to amuse you!
We’ve visited 4 times now and each visit leaves us wanting to go back again!
The food is fabulous and from the moment you walk in the staff are cheery and friendly the opposite to some of the places we have visited recently that have 5 star reviews!
On our last visit we were served by Michael and he was very friendly and helpful.

Date of visit: September 2019
The M, Manager at The Mill at Elstead, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much, look forward to seeing you again very soon! Rachel, GM

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Seems there is a new chef at the helm here and it shows! Food was beautifully presented and tasted great on piping hot plates.Yes you may wait a bit longer but quite frankly I'd rather have great food that chefs have taken time and pride over than fast food in 15 minutes. Keep it up Mill!

Date of visit: September 2019

Thanks so much cat lover!! See you soon

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

The pub is located in a beautiful outdoor space along the river which is lovely to enjoy time in the garden. The menu is very limited and a little disappointing. They do not cater for special dietary requirements well at all and the menu is overpriced for such small dishes. The food is a good quality and came quickly but considering it was a main it looked closer to a starter. Not suitable for vegans as there is one dish vegan friendly. Disappointed overall.

Date of visit: September 2019

I'm sorry to hear this Skye; we provide an allergen folder with complete information which we offer to our guests and are happy to help where we can in amending dishes. There are currently 4 vegan friendly dishes on the menu. I'm not sure what dish you had that was small, I can only apologise and assure you if you has mentioned it we would have fixed the issue then for you as we much prefer people to leave happy. Rachel, GM