“Hen Cloud”
Review of Hen Cloud Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Upper Hulme
Hen Cloud Cottage
Ranked #1 of 1 Upper Hulme B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 28, 2012

A fantastic place to stay in this part of the Peak District. It location is beautiful and perfect for any walkers or climbers who want to get out onto the Roaches directly. Lorna is very friendly and could not be more helpful. You can stay in the cottage and the annex is perfect for families who can do some self catering along with the excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank boscastleroad
There are newer reviews for Hen Cloud Cottage

Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is the first time we have stayed in the B and B and have found the hosts to be very welcoming, we werent sure where we were going so Nick very kindly drove out to meet us. Homemade cakes awaiting us ...what more could you want ? We were also greeted by the family dog, which is a doberman, he is lovely and very friendly.
We stayed in the annex, which was spotlessly clean and lovely and warm..
Great location for visiting many places, 20 mins to the spa town of Buxton, 25 mins to the Potteries, 25 mins to Alton Towers...A very enjoyable few days and we will be returning again..

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annie B
Reviewed March 8, 2012

we stayed at the anex with our 2 children it was clean spacious and very friendly. We were welcomed by lorna who helped us carry our bags up to the anex .she showed us round and welcomed us with tea and cakes ,it is my heaven . The anex has amazing views and you dont need to take the car if you dont want too which is lovely and stress free. We would definately recomend this place .

Room Tip: anex is spacious and lovely
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank andrew w
Reviewed September 7, 2011

My partner and I are temporarily living in a nearby town and so booked this B&B for 3 nights as a treat for my parents so we could spend some time with them exploring the peak district with our new baby. I had booked the double room for them but they were put in the self catering annex which seemed spacious and very comfortable.

The day after my parents arrived we went to pick them up from the B&B and stopped to change the baby and have a quick tea before heading out to the beautiful town of Leek and explore the local reservoir. My mum had explained we were doing this to the host at breakfast as she asked for milk for the tea already provided in the Annex. We returned around 5pm and were in the annex chatting to our parents until about 7pm when we had a knock on the door. My mum went out and spoke to the host who explained to her that he felt she was abusing their generosity. He felt that my parents were getting the room at a very reasonable rate and shouldn’t have any people over visiting. It was explained later that it should be ‘drop off, pick up’

My mum was really quite upset about this so I popped over thinking there was some misunderstanding, to explain that we were not staying there and that as my mum was upset they wanted to leave the following day. I offered to pay for the 2 nights instead of the 3 I had booked, at which the host became quite hostile and demanded I pay for the full 3 nights. After a rather heated exchange on his side, he relented but angrily demanded we had to leave within 5 minutes. During this time he stood at the door refusing to let us close it while my parents packed. I paid for 1 night in cash.

Visitors should also be aware that the B&B is through a field that contains approximately 50 cows during certain times of the day, and the owners have a Doberman loose around the property. It seemed very friendly but is something to be aware of.

If you are not planning to have any visitors while staying I’m sure you will have a lovely time as the place is very nice and the surrounding scenery is breathtaking. However, it was a very upsetting experience for us.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
12  Thank leond248
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Hidden away in glorious scenery; warm welcome (and, yes, we knew from Tripadvisor about the welcome homemade cake and it was a wonderful as promised!) and super place to stay.
Only tip - very long entrance track, best done in daylight first time. Village inn - 17th C oak beams - has great food.
Everything you cd possibly want!
Jan from Cambridge

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jan P
Reviewed May 18, 2011

We stayed in the Annex which was a proper home from home. After Cycling to Hen Cloud agin the wind we were asleep on the sofa within 10 min.
The Annex is very roomy with a proper kitchen and a good sized table for 4 if you want to cook or get a takeaway. Lorna left us a jug of milk in the fridge which is a lot better than fiddling with little sachets. A good supply of tea & coffee. And Cake!
A good shower and a great nights sleep. Lorna directed us to the pub (Decent pint, good food. Fair prices) through the fields and provided torches for the way home.
I reckon Lorna & Nick have thought of everything but if you think otherwise just ask and they will do what they can.
Beautiful location. Spot on accomodation. Lovely people.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank crow6079
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Fabulous accomodation, company and surrounding area.

Unlike other B&B's where you can feel uncomfable being in someone else's house this visit was quite totally the opposite. We felt completley at home and nothing was every too much trouble for the host who went out of her way to make our stay relaxing.

The bed was really comfatable so you gor a really good nights sleep and breakfast was also excellant.

We will be visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
The Green Man Guesthouse
The Manifold Inn
The Manifold Inn
#1 of 7 in Hartington

Been to Hen Cloud Cottage? Share your experiences!