“Good Pizza - Appetizers Need Work”

Nonna Silvia's Trattoria and Pizzeria
Reserve with OpenTable
Nonna Silvia's Trattoria and Pizzeria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Park Ridge
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Tallcott
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Ordered through GrubHub as I was passing through Chicago on a layover. Prompt delivery to my hotel, which was great. Thin crust pizza was very good. Sausage was spicy, but not overly so. Crispy crust, baked well. However, my main complaint was the appetizers. We ordered mozzarella sticks & breaded mushrooms and both left a lot to be desired!

The mozz sticks weren't fried enough, so the outside was soggy and the inside cheese was hard. The breaded mushrooms look like they were fried enough, however, every one we bit into was full of water (ugh!!) and had almost no flavor.

I really wanted to like everything and give them a good review. However, after our experience, I would advise you to order pizza - avoid apps.

1  Thank Ukwineguysgirl

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Went for a business lunch and had the specials - amazed at how much effort went into a lunch menu. I will suggest this whenever I get a "you pick" suggestion for lunch.

1  Thank Jim_Ur
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Took our friends to this lovely little neighborhood Italian restaurant for pizza and ended up having a delicious dinner (it's OK, their pizza is great, too!!). DocBob and his wife have lived in Italy when he was attending medical school there, so they know their Italian food. We started out with bruschetta (for us) and fried calamari (for them); their only comment was repeating "rubber bands", but we noticed all their appetizer was gone pretty quickly. Apparently, they prefer them crispier . . .any way, the bruschetta was delicious. They then ordered the short rib ravioli, which they proclaimed to be "excellent", "really different" and "delicious". We had the pollo arrosto (roasted chicken, I'm told) which turned out to be a lightly breaded chicken breast with slices of potato in a divine balsamic sauce. TO DIE FOR!!! The portion size was just right and I can still taste its savoriness in my mind. The server knew her stuff and was very attentive (and probably frustrated since we took such a long time to order - had to catch up on the latest family news, ya know. . .). We usually order take-out pizza from Nonna Silvia's because the meals are a little pricey (for us) to have, unless it's a special occasion. We've never been disappointed by our choices when we do eat here. Whether you're staying in the NW suburbs or even downtown, it would be well worth your time and travel to check out this epicurean gem in a great little Chicago neighborhood (not that far from I-90)!

1  Thank yamchris
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I enjoyed the special of boar's bacon ravioli: all homemade, delicious. My friend ordered the calamari and a radicchio salad, which were fresh and tasty too. One of those restaurants that's worth every penny.

2  Thank Kim K
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Myself and 2 co-workers visited this establishment on a Thurs night. The overall experience was nice: food was very good and flavorful, nice selections and variety of Italian dishes (one downfall was a request to not include capers in an entree- we were informed the request was denied because the veal is marinated in the sauce with the capers- that's a little odd). The service was not very good, slow and not very knowledgeable about items on the menu or wine list.

The food will definitely bring me back, but would strongly recommend better service.

2  Thank MGLove2travel