“So glad to see that some things never change!”
Review of The Plush Horse

The Plush Horse
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Palos Park
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

I am in my late 40's and I had my first ice cream cone at Plush Horse when I was probably 8 or 9 years old. The coach of the little league baseball team I played on would treat for ice cream after games in the summer. My family continued to be regular customers there until I moved to northern Illinois for work when I was in my mid 20's...I haven't been to Plush Horse in probably 20 years.

Amazingly, besides being at the exact same location, in the exact same building with the exact same layout, the ice cream is also exactly as I remember it, absolutely awesome! Smooth, rich and creamy just like it's always been. These are owners that love what they do and it shows in the quality of the ice cream and the appreciation of the tradition that they have built here.

A truly wonderful place that is exactly as great as I remember it being when I was a kid. I highly recommend trying Plush Horse, especially if you have kids, and make sure you take the time to enjoy it and take a seat outside on their patio. You'll also have to make multiple trips just to appreciate all the flavors that they offer, so...better start now!

2  Thank bass-fan

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the first time at the Plush Horse. We each ordered a single scoop in a cup and when we received the order, we couldn't believe the huge portion. I had Chocolate Chocolate Chip
and it was yummy yummy yummy. Will be back!

2  Thank coolbreeze2
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Love the ice cream it is the best. My kids love coming to this place to have a milkshake or a hot fudge sundae. All of there ice creams are so flavorful and tasty . It is a adorable store and everyone is so nice

1  Thank RoseS1969
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This old-fashioned parlor will put you in mind of the beloved hometown creamery of your youth, or the one you wish you had. Every ice cream place should have gleaming wood trim, touches of brass, and a pressed-tin ceiling. Even if it's crowded during your visit, you'll find that their efficient system speeds the line along, and service is friendly but brisk. The scoopers will provide samples of any flavors that strike your fancy at the display case, but when you've made up your mind, step over to the cashier, get in line, and place your order there. You'll then proceed back to the display case and claim your item once it's ready. The array of flavors is truly staggering, and the servings are more than generous, so the prices are actually very fair. You can find the nostalgic selections like Rum Raisin as well as all the blue-colored stuff that my children adore. Although there is limited seating inside (the youngsters in our family do prefer a spot near the monumental Plush Horse who oversees the tables), you might prefer the lovely shady courtyard with benches, or, on the opposite side of the building, a spacious grassy area with picnic tables. Eating a typical serving is not an experience to be rushed, so you might want to spread out a picnic blanket and get comfy. Mmmm. . .I think I'll head down there right now for a scoop of "Chocolate Malt."

1  Thank Square-on-Wheels
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife loves peppermint ice cream and she says they have the best. The chocolate/peanut butter "ain't bad" either. They offer waffle cones that are also wonderful.
Typically, on a summer evening, the line to be served runs out the door by 30'
Old building but it fits the old time ice cream parlor theme. They have limited seating inside but also have a very pleasant garden outside with benches to sit on.

1  Thank Ghost44