“Food is always great, but...”
Review of Thai Smile

Thai Smile
Ranked #29 of 58 Restaurants in Palos Heights
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Chicago, Illinois
“Food is always great, but...”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The food is always great here, never disappointing, but when the kitchen gets busy with take out orders, the dining room kind of takes a back seat on service. There is usually just the one person behind the counter taking calls, taking payments, and working the floor.
Came 1 week ago, sat in the dining room for about 15min and no one ever came to the table, not even to drop off a menu or at least greet us. We will definitely be back because we love the food there, but if the dining room is more crowded, we will be ordering to take out!

• Visited August 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Thai Smile for an authentic experience”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

People always rave about Cida Thai and rightfully so. My Cida Thai friends all have agreed that Thai Smile is a notch better. Chef Don always cooks fresh and delicious food. The spicy Pad Kra Paw is my favorite dish here. The beef and chicken are always top quality meat and the basil leaves are outstanding. Don occasionally adds bamboo shoots to the mix and that little feature puts the dish over the top for me. You can eat an entree with an appetizer/beverage + tip, for around $20. 5 star food for a very reasonable price. If you go in the evening, Mr. Sungkamee is very entertaining and has an awesome sense of humor. During lunch Miss May is very friendly and attentive to your dining needs.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Bill H
Milwaukee
“Good food on a snowy night”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had a family dinner here while visiting our son at his college nearby. The service was great and the food was very good. It was a snowy night and I was surprised at how busy the place was. The food was very tasty (I had "green curry") and they had a nice menu of items if you weren't a "thai" fan. Prices were very reasonable. I would return!

• Visited February 2014
IL
“not bad for suburban thai”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

i always get the shrimp pad see yoo. (sp?) they get it right every time, its about the best place around the south suburbs for thai food. they do have seating but we get it to go.

Visited September 2013
Palos Park, IL
“Not That Great”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I took my grandson to Thai Smile based on reviews I've read and I am shocked that this place is getting such good reviews. I don't think this place even remotely compares to other Thai places in Chicago or Oak Park. The Pad Thai had a strange smell that lingered as an aftertaste. My chicken pieces were dry and rubbery and I don't think my grandson's shrimp was cooked long enough. I was disappointed that they didn't have the traditional cucumber salad that is usually on the menu at Thai restaurants. It was edible, mainly because we were hungry. But if you have eaten really good Thai food elsewhere, you will probably be disappointed. And the service was so-so. Had to wave the server down for more water. I don't plan on going back.

• Visited August 2013