“Amazing contemporary restaurant in the suburbs!”

Harvest Room Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

We tried Harvest Room last week, we had a party of 12. I love the atmosphere; clean, serene. We met at 5:45 and it stayed pretty crowded the whole meal, but the noise was well contained. Our waiter was friendly and attentive. Many of us ordered from the specialty cocktail menu--watch out, these are NOT watered down. There were a few menu items not available, but that it to be expected at a locallly sustained restaurant. The pita app was delicious! We gobbled it down and ordered more. I had the goat cheese fritter salad with salmon and it was very good. Others had the grass fed steak and said it was the best they'd had. My husband had the chicken and waffles--yum. Prices were fair for the quality. We will definitely go back.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I can barely find the words to say how good this food is. It's all organic, locally sourced, fresh made with obvious love.

We started with the "Mediterranean Dips" which is a trio of roasted eggplant hummus, tzatziki, and spicy feta with amazing, hot fresh pita bread. So addicting!! We also had crab cakes which rival the awesomeness of those at Capital Grille. A true feat.

I had the "puma burger" which is a bacon cheeseburger with a fantastic avocado, jalapeño cream sauce and a few onion rings. Had the homemade fries. Oh and the burgers are grass fed beef. Huge difference!

My friend had the lamb burger and loved it. She said it was not dry like she was afraid it would be, but it was moist and "amazing".

For dessert, we had the cobbler and also banana bread. Banana bread was moist and tasty. However the cobbler was the real star!! The inside fruit changes daily based on what's in season and available. We had peach and strawberry and it was mind blowing.

Our server, Laura, was very attentive but not invasive. She answered all our questions and was very personable. She is clearly a seasoned server who kicks butt at her job.

I can't recommend this place enough. We are coming back tomorrow for more cobbler.

1  Thank hunnylvr
Reviewed August 11, 2013

There is nothing like this place in the surrounding suburbs. I enjoy eating food that is not over processed and actually tastes like the ingredients that it contains! We usually go to the city if we are looking for something other than the typical suburban chain restaurants, but now we don't have to. The omelette and potatoes were delicious and it was made even better by the fresh made jam served with the toast. I am not usually a toast person, but I ate it all just so I could cover it with their jam!

I like that they serve breakfast all day, but I was disappointed that there were no desserts options available during the day time hours. Our waitress was nice, but the service was not exceptional and she could not tell us why everything on our bill was at least $1.00 more than what was listed on the menu.
I will definitely return here to try the dinner menu and hope that I get a different waitress!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was our third visit to the restaurant. They had changed the menu, and some of what we had enjoyed before was gone but the new selections were very original. My husband had the octopus, which he thought was delicious and very fresh and light for a summer meal. I had the scallops, which were cooked perfectly and served on grilled polenta pancakes with a sauce that was delightful and in which you could definitely taste the fresh cilantro. This scallop dish topped my other all-time favorite scallop dish that I had had elsewhere. The other members of our party really enjoyed their dishes also. The service was good. They welcome children. We will definitely return.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

As organic advocates, my family and I sought out this restaurant while visiting the Chicago area to support local food movements. Our overall experience was positive, in which the food quality was excellent. Given the restaurant is new this year, we overlooked the long wait for our meals (two hours dining) and unknowledgeable waitress regarding ingredients for many menu items. It's noteworthy to add they accommodate food allergies and restrictions (ie vegan,etc.).