“Pleasant surprise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Excellent service and the food was fresh, unique and delicious. My husband hates these types of restaurants but totally enjoyed the food and service. We will definitely come back and recommend.

1  Thank Yolanda K

Reviewed June 30, 2013

The first time we came here the restaurant was recently opened, so I figured I would forgive the bad service because the food was pretty good. The waitress even apologized when she brought us our bill, saying she is usually more attentive. Today we went for breakfast and it hasn't improved. Our waitress came to our table ONCE. She took our order in a rush and forgot one of our drinks (which we didn't get until the food came out but were still charged for). Our food took forever and wasn't even that great. Again our waitress never came back to check on us; someone else brought us our bill. The employees were loudly yelling to each other about who was going to clean up a mess on the floor. A bus boy nearly dropped the leftover egg from my plate into my lap. This was the last chance I will be giving Harvest Room. Other reviews call it "upscale dining in the suburbs" but I don't consider it upscale just because they have trendy decorations and use local produce.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Thanks to Tripadvisor, we found this restaurant while traveling in the area and ended up eating there twice. The food was delicious, locally sourced, and priced very reasonably. Our group sampled a range of items - salads, soups, entrees, desserts - and all were terrific (the warm liquid chocolate cake is not to be missed). Service was friendly, attentive, and generally prompt. Small quibbles - the menu could use more vegetarian options (only one or two offered for each meal) and the space gets a bit loud when crowded. However, all around a refreshingly wonderful dining experience.

2  Thank larsch
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Loved to see a restaurant in the southwest suburbs of Chicago that is themed with local, organic foods with a gourmet edge and safe for vegetarians. They really get what's happening with food today. Also to add - a very reasonably priced menu.

So had the eggplant parcel and loved every bite. My sister had the Tribute Salad - great name for a healthy salad inspired by the Mediterranean diet. Our mom raved about the onion soup.

Will definitely be back during my next trip home!

2  Thank Angela R
Reviewed April 21, 2013

First time at the Harvest Room and we were not disappointed. They have great everything and then do the extras. Went there after driving from St. Louis to have dinner with the parents. Of all the restaurants in the area we chose this one and will definitely be back. Don't change a thing.

2  Thank Chet219