“Kosta's Best Gyros in the area”
Review of Kosta's Gyros

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Kosta's Gyros
Ranked #21 of 151 Restaurants in Palatine
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had the gyros with extra meat. Tzatziki sauce on the side. Sandwich was excellent, well made, cooked perfectly, just makes my mouth water to write about it. No nonsense place, takes your order, and wait for order, then handed to me. No frills, no hassles, first class!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

cold air is blown on you from an industrial type fan while you wait to order. The food was bland, the soda machine was filthy and the parking lot was so small I was afraid my car would get struck so I parked away from the building.

Before I could finish my meal, a worker walked up to me, motioned for me to hand him my tray without really saying anything.

I have passed this place a lot and always wanted to try it and will not repeat. People must like it because it has been around forever, but there are better local choices.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Definitely a step up from the traditional fast food. If you're looking for a place that beats Wendy's, Arby's, etc... but don't want a family restaurant where you get waited on - Kosta's is the perfect "in between" place. The food is plentiful; prepared while you wait; and good quality for the price. With the Greek flair; focusing on Greek related food does you a little better. There's even Greek wine at a reasonable price. Yet... very family oriented. Popular spot and I can see why.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just tried this place a few days ago, and we were extremely happy with the quality and taste of their food. Everything tasted extremely fresh and the place is clean and inviting. We'll definitely go back and try some other dishes.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I admittedly have never had anything here besides the gyros, but I haven't felt any need to try anything else--they're excellent. The ingredients are fresh, and the sandwich is assembled before your eyes. You can download a buy-one-get-one gyro coupon from their website, which turns a decent value into a great value. They'll even take your trays from you when you finish.