“Kiki Carrington, the front desk girl, is very rude and should be fired immediately.”

Motel 6 Chicago Northwest Palatine
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Palatine
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I had a HORRIBLE experience here. Kiki Carrington is the most unprofessional, rude hotel customer service rep I have ever met in my life and I travel a lot.

I locked my key in my room and went to the front desk to get a new one. The night before when I registered I used my adopted American name but showed my driver's license and paid with a credit card that has my Korean name. When I tried to get a replacement key, since my American name was the registered room holder instead of my Korean name, Kiki was unwilling to give me a new key! I told her to double check the registration form I filled out (which has my American name) and cross reference that with the credit card I paid with the night before which was the same card I was showing her today. Needless to say I was getting annoyed and she was quite rude about the whole situation. I have never seen sooo much attitude from anyone except from Omerosa on The Apprentice.

I asked for her business card and told her I'm going to write a Yelp review about my experience. She got mad and told me I had to leave. She refunded the payment (thankfully) and was started walking me to my room. Apparently, she can't give me a duplicate key because the names don't match up but she can open the room for me so that I can take everything. Just a complete lack of common sense.

While walking to the room, my poodle shitzu puppy started jumping on her legs asking to be pet. She turned around and said that the dog has to be on a leash. I told her the leash is in the room to which she replied, "What if I kick the dog?" I'm not kidding, she really said that. I was floored and told her and I would sue her if she hurt my dog. (I would also sue the motel if their employee did that). She responded saying, "That's it! I'm calling the police." I was confused and calmly waited for the police to escort me to my room. So ridiculous. The police were very nice, helped me carry my bags and even recommended a local motel.

This whole situation was so ridiculous and over blown. Kiki Carrington should be fired immediately.

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank MLE5472

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chicago
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Bad hotel. Place was dirty and staff was rude. I would not stay there again. It is directly off rt 53 which was good.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank junkman2233

Travelers are raving about these Palatine hotels

Illinois
Reviewed November 2, 2009

Tanya was cheerful when I came to the front desk to check in and the rooms were stylish and modern. The hotel was fairly quiet as well.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palatine
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heights
Days Inn & Suites Arlington Heig...
#4 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Red Carpet Inn
Red Carpet Inn
#2 of 3 in Palatine
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heights/North
Courtyard Chicago Arlington Heig...
#3 of 10 in Arlington Heights
Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago Deer Park
Four Points by Sheraton Buffalo Grove
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
#2 of 29 in Schaumburg

Been to Motel 6 Chicago Northwest Palatine? Share your experiences!