“Good bar food and wide selection of beer”
Review of Durty Nellies Pub

Durty Nellies Pub
Ranked #34 of 148 Restaurants in Palatine
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Metra Palatine Stop
Palatine
“Good bar food and wide selection of beer”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Wide selection of craft and micro brews to go along with great burgers and selection of other bar food. Plenty TVs to catch a game or more. A certain stop if you're in downtown Palatine and looking for a place to eat or have a beer.

• Visited April 2014

La Grange, Illinois
“Great Sandwichwith a Lot of Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

A friendly greeter chatted with us at our table after we had been seated. Waiter showed up promptly with Menu's, iced water, and asked for our drink order and if we desired any appetizers. A pleasant "Pub" atmosphere with a lot of conversations of many guests going at one time, but not so much sound that it made it difficult to hear those around our table. While it was very busy with an evening crowd, our order was taken promptly and served almost as promptly. I had a Reuben this time on a marbled rye bread. It was really tasty. It brought me back to the days when I was in grade school in a small town where everyone knew each other and I would often talk to the local butcher because I was curious. Brisket comes from the neck and had been considered to be one of the poorer cuts of beef that usually was sold to the less affluent customers. Sixty years later I find that in the hands of a good chef this cut of beef whether in a Reuben sandwich or as a slow cooked barbeque sandwich has texture and flavor that comes close to a prime rib or porterhouse steak. To match the taste and flavor of the meat was a soft rye bread that tasted like it also was recently baked. The portion was as plentiful as it was tasty. Best Reuben I've ever eaten. Unfortunately, I was full and wasn't able to sample their desserts. When in Palatine, I will return to eat at this restaurant. Since it is 30 miles from where I live, I might just go there just to have another Reuben sandwich.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank James F
Palatine, Illinois
“Always friendly atmosphere with good pub grub.”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This year I wanted to earn my 12 beers of Christmas shirt. We visited the pub 4 times in December. The owners as always were very friendly and pleasant , the service was great and the food was some of the best pub food in the Northwest suburbs.

This year they had some very unusual Christmas beers that we have never tried before and some of them were great ,some of the more little sweet for me but overall the 12 beers of Christmas was a great success.

At great place to meet your friends for a drink after work or take your family for dinner.

• Visited December 2013
Delray Beach, Florida
“find Live Rock N Roll here!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food is average for this type of establishment. The music is great. The party atmosphere is here if that is what you are seeking. I needed management assistance for something and he was very helpful in making our night enjoyable. I will return when I am seeking this type of entertainment.

Visited October 2012
Palatine, Illinois
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I like to go there on Monday's for their $4 1/2 lb Burgers. It is $.50 for extra toppings. I get Cheddar cheese and avacado. Fries are extra but if I eat the whole burger i don't have room for fries. My son loves the kids chicken tenders with honey mustard sauce. He is a picky eater and loves this place. They have a lot of other good items as well. The owners are nice as well.

• Visited March 2013