“Always friendly atmosphere with good pub grub.”
Review of Durty Nellies Pub

Durty Nellies Pub
Ranked #33 of 151 Restaurants in Palatine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Metra Palatine Stop
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

This year I wanted to earn my 12 beers of Christmas shirt. We visited the pub 4 times in December. The owners as always were very friendly and pleasant , the service was great and the food was some of the best pub food in the Northwest suburbs.

This year they had some very unusual Christmas beers that we have never tried before and some of them were great ,some of the more little sweet for me but overall the 12 beers of Christmas was a great success.

At great place to meet your friends for a drink after work or take your family for dinner.

There are newer reviews for Durty Nellies Pub

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The food is average for this type of establishment. The music is great. The party atmosphere is here if that is what you are seeking. I needed management assistance for something and he was very helpful in making our night enjoyable. I will return when I am seeking this type of entertainment.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I like to go there on Monday's for their $4 1/2 lb Burgers. It is $.50 for extra toppings. I get Cheddar cheese and avacado. Fries are extra but if I eat the whole burger i don't have room for fries. My son loves the kids chicken tenders with honey mustard sauce. He is a picky eater and loves this place. They have a lot of other good items as well. The owners are nice as well.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I love the new menu direction -- the roasted beet salad and Jameson's Chicken Pasta (gluten-free) was terrific!

1  Thank Mollie C
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Let's be clear, Durty Nellies is really several different things. I'm reviewing the Bar & Restaurant part. I have no idea about the Club or any so-claimed Fist-Fight arena I've heard about. On a snowy Thursday night, the place was only moderately busy at 7-ish. I had not been here for any non-company event since they were a dump over on Brockway years ago, when we would go from work for lunch. We came with a Groupon deal, so we had a chance to try a few things. The beer menu is almost overwhelming- so many choices that the print is tiny on the 14 inch long page. I had a draft 3 Floyds wheat that was fabulous. As an appetizer we had the Calamari - absolutely first rate! As an entree, my wife had the Salmon special and I had the flat iron steak. She pronounced the salmon a real winner. The steak was great and came sliced with grilled onions, cooked perfectly. Both had 2 good sides, all different. Each of these were about $14 - very reasonable. The owner was casually working the room and came by to see how we liked the food - then let the chef know! Service in the bar dining area was cordial and competent. All in all, an eye opening - much more sophisticated entrees and better than I expected.