“Average”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very average restaurant, neither good nor bad. Prices quite cheap, big portions. Service ok. Beware the cost of the wine, what looked like $4 on the menu was actually $9 for an average to poor quality drink. When I queried this I was told that other people had made the same mistake. Wondered why they had not changed this to make it clear?? Overall ok but wouldn't return when there are so many better restaurants to choose from.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We normally order take out - but have eaten in on several occasions. I would categorize the food as very good Chinese. It is always plentiful and hot. It is always tasty. The wings are above average. The egg rolls are great. Parking is ofter a little hard to come by - One of the reasons we order take out.

Agree with TenPerfectNails (interesting name) that I feel rushed some of the times we have been there. We tell the server that we would like a little time between courses and that works.

The comparison of one reviewer to Bob Chin's is silly. Bob Chin's is so much better food and so much more expensive. Two different classes of restaurants.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Great food, and well known in Palatine. Only problem is if you don't make it clear that you aren't in a hurry, you will be rushed to order your food the minute you sit down. If you place your order then, you will have eaten and out the door in 30 minutes or less. Great if you have kids, or don't like who you are dining with, but to meet with friends it's very hurried. Make sure you make it clear you want to relax a bit. Food is very good. Worth the trip.

Reviewed April 16, 2011

I've been to many Chinese restaurants, and this is by far the best. The Mai Tai is great...better than Chin's, but if you like Bob CHin's Mai TAi's, these are different. Not as sweet, which I love. All the food, and I've had most of the menu over the past 20 years, is awesome. Go now.

1  Thank Jandg817
Reviewed November 2, 2009

I am no expert on chinese food, but this food is flavorless mush. We have heard for years "hmm heng wings is awesome" so we ordered take out. It took 2 hours to be ready, and then everything tasted the same, mushy and greasy. we have yet to find good ethnic food in the suburbs. We will definitely never come back here.

2  Thank winemyst