“It's a Happening place.”
Review of Bauer's Brauhaus - CLOSED

Bauer's Brauhaus
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2012

It's German Food! Replaced what was an icon in the area, and shows a lot of energy and promise. The Owner is the Exec Chef as well. Showing not just his culinary talents, but his heritage. The restaurant has an excellent BEER List, and it goes with the food.. obviously. Can you say SCHNITZEL?

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I went here with several friends a few weeks ago. I had a groupon for 4 flights of beer and 4 appetizers. The beer flights were amazing! and there were so many kinds to choose from. There weren't just 6 beers and everyone had to have the same flight, which was awesome! Great atmosphere. The appetizers we got were also very good. Get the cheese curds and the huge pretzel!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Very lively bar scene with plenty of TV's for viewing sports. Very good German food and great brew selection.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I purchased a groupon a while back for Bauer's Brauhaus good for four flights of beer and four appetizers. When we went, they were out of their 2 signatures food items, jumbo homemade german pretzel and cheese curds. There were also out of German potato salad, their signature side dish. They were also out of over half of their beer selections. The excuse given by the waitress was that they were too overwhelmed by all of the people using the groupon, however, when we were their for dinner on Monday, it was near empty. I also find it interesting that they no longer have a website. The food we had was pretty good and seemed fresh made but service was extremely slow considering the restaurant was dead (2.5 hours for 4 beer flights, 4 apps, 2 sandwiches. How does a German restaurant run out of German potato salad? My guess is this place wil be out of business soon.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

I'm no expert, but I was very impressed with the beer selection - some of the best beer I've ever had. You may want to try one of the beer flights so that you can try the many varieties of German beer. Even my dad, who is a bit of a beer snob was impressed.

The food was good as well, although I am not very familiar with authentic German food. If nothing else go for a giant pretzel and great beer.