“The Very Best In Palatine!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 147 Restaurants in Palatine
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Palatine, Illinois
“The Very Best In Palatine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Whenever we have people visit us from out of town, we take them here. The food has an Italian sensibility with an Argentine flair! Always fresh and great seasonal dishes are prepared. They have a wonderful Trio for lunch that is a great value. It is a cozy room and the people who work here treat you like family!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Shessmarter

Palatine, Illinois
“South America in Palatine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at AC many times. It is a small stand alone building tucked into an end of a shopping center. We have had pizza and their steak specials and both are the best in Palatine.

The service is as top draw even when they are busy. The staff is very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome. They explain the nightly specials in detail and help you if you have any dietary needs.

Their pizza's are with an Italian flare with great combinations to order. The main part of the menu has a South America tilt to it with a heavy concentration of Argentinean dishes.

The atmosphere is some what noisy like a large family gathering.

I would recommend this place for anyone looking for something different but great tasting.

• Visited February 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding family owned restaurant.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is a great place for a group of 6 people max. looking for excellent food with friendly service. It is small and can get crowded, but we have rarely had to wait very long for a table. Despite this the service has always been attentive and the food definitely makes it worth the wait. The one issue we have is that since they do get crowded it would be nice to have somewhere to lounge with a glass of wine while waiting for a table. This would have easly bumped them up to 5 stars. This restaurant is a great and welcomed addition to the downtown Palatine area.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Art A
Hoffman Estates, IL
“Uniquely Unaccommodating for Customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

When dining out with a group of friends, I sometimes like to order an expensive dish while other times prefer to have only an appetizer or dessert. I’d find it uncomfortable to know that in splitting the check, my friends will pay more to cover my high price meal or that I’d be paying for much more then I ordered. For that reason, my dining with various groups of friends is always done with a request for separate checks. I dine frequently with 4 different groups, and we’ve never encountered a denial for either separate checks or separate accounting for each guest.

Never a denial that is, until we requested a reservations for 10 at Artistic Cuisine. After our request for separate Checks was refused over the phone, I went into Artistic Cuisine to speak face to face with the manager and he said he'd not set a precedence for issuing separate checks, his register cannot do separate check accounting, he finds it unacceptable to use a calculator to apply costs by guests, and it would be too difficult to apply sales tax by guest. I called to his attention that advertising for customers is costly and he is dissing at least $250 of receipts. It was of no concern to him. I advised him that I will be submitting online reviews about Artistic Cuisine’s refusal to meet a common customer request. He remained naive.

As I had not dined there, I’ve no comment on the food. I was not impressed by the décor. The tables are small, slim, and rectangular, seating 4. Tablecloths and walls are red ~ lots of red. The acoustics are uncomfortably loud. I believe my group of 10 would be not comfortable in a small red loud room seated at a long slim table created by joining 2 of the small rectangular tables. I know we will enjoy dining comfortably at the accommodating Bonefish Grill.

If Artistic Cuisine’s food is as good as many reviews state, I wish it growth along with maturity into customer relations.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JM S
Chicago, Illinois
“Reasonable lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We ate lunch recently, when the restaurant across the street we wanted to visit was closed for some reason. The grilled vacio sandwich was a little mild on its own, but it came with a sauce on the side. The empanada we tried was decent, but the butternut soup was phenomenal! Our server wasn't the best at English, though she brought someone else from the back when we had a question about the food.

• Visited October 2013