“Delightful time in Palatine!”

Agio Italian Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Agio Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 149 Restaurants in Palatine
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Portland, Oregon, United States
“Delightful time in Palatine!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I have had the pleasure of dining twice at Agio -- both times for dinner. Each time, we were greeted warmly and seated immediately. The ambiance is nice, wine selection great and willingness to accommodate my requests (due to food preferences and allergies) was terrific. I would never have suspected by seeing this restaurant from outside that I would enjoy the experience as much as I have. But both times I've been there have been delightful.

• Visited June 2014

Illinois City, Illinois
“TERRIBLE!!!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

TERRIBLE!!! STAY AWAY!
Drove by this place many times always looked very nice, yes the ambiance is great I'll give them that. Prices are high food is terrible We've gone to many Italian restaurants and this by far was the worst I don't even know how it got good reviews.
My pasta was drenched in olive oil so much that the entire bottom of my bowl was just oil, Our friends ordered dishes with red sauce said it tasted SOUR and Acidic.
The server also forgot about one of our orders my husband didn't get to eat his meal with the family at all, by the time his food came out everyone had already finished eating & they Still charged us for that entree even though they forgot about the order.
No one came out to apologize nothing..Very bad business ethic. Would NOT recommend this place at all There are so many other great Italian Restaurants in the area.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sandals011
chicago
“Excellent food, chef knows what he is doing”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have lived in northern Italy, and generally am reluctant to eat "Italian" food in the U.S. because it never seems to come close to the quality of the food one encounters in Italy.

Agio, however, was a complete surprise! The food, service, and atmosphere at Agio are excellent, with no exceptions. The chef here knows what he is doing and produced extraordinary food, even under the pressure of having every table in the dining room filled that night. It was impressive to see the quality of food that came out of that kitchen.

The owner and staff are welcoming and attentive. Complimenti!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MarimariChicago
Palatine, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hoped for better service”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My friends and I had lunch at Agio Restaurant. We usually anjoy coming here. This time our service was terrible. We waited for half and hour before they brought us bread and water. The food was good but after this particular time I do not think I want to go back. With the prices they charge they should have better service,

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Lucy B
Palatine, Illinois
“Always consistent for us!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I frequent this establishment and always dine at the bar. The owner, Joe, and his wife Mary and their kids are all wonderful. Going to the restaurant and sitting in the bar area in itself is worth the trip. It's very classic and very comforting.. wonderful after a long day at work! The overall atmosphere of the restaurant makes one feel like they are not in Palatine. They have an extensive cocktail list and decent beers on tap. The wine list is also very good. The list includes high end and every day wines. Additionally, they offer half price on the "every day" wine list on Thursdays. As for the food, the specials are they way to go! There is always an appetizer special, fish and meat specials and a risotto special. We usually go with the fish because the chef really prepares seafood quite well. On occasion we will split a pasta. We also enjoy the eggplant parm. Portions in my opinion are quite substantial. Desserts are good too. We love the lemon cake. If you are in the area, give it a try. During the summer months there is an enclosed patio which is very nice.

• Visited January 2014