“YUMMMYYYY!!!”

Ranked #20 of 149 Restaurants in Palatine
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Palatine & Plum Grove Rds.
Transit: 2 Blocks East of the Metra Station in Downtown Palatine.
Chicago, Illinois
“YUMMMYYYY!!!”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We absolutely love Gianni's!
Tortellini con Prosciutto--our favorite dish!
Their chocolate lava cake is also delish!
Never had a bad experience there.

• Visited July 2014

Illinois
“Would give this restaurant another try”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We went to this restaurant for a birthday, but due to a family member not feeling well during the meal (nothing to do with the restaurant), we truly did not get to give Gianni's Café a full review. What I will say is our server was gracious and expedited our exit as we needed to leave in a hurry. From what we did get to eat, the sausage and peppers appetizer was tasty, the salad was ok with the house dressing being a bit bland, and angel hair past with meat sauce was excellent. I will say the tables were a bit close together. What I did see of Gianni's Café, I did like and will go back for a meal that I can eat at a casual pace.

• Visited June 2014
“Overpriced good food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you like paying high prices and going downtown to trendy overcrowded bars/restaurants then youll rate this a 5.

I like value and comfort a relaxing atmosphere. Leave this place for those who really need to be seen. and impress!

Visited July 2013
Palatine, Illinois
“Couldn't get answers.”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I first tried writing this review on Google and could not get it to go through. Here goes.

I called in to ask some questions on the online menu. This was for the Palatine location. The lady who answered asked if she could put me on hold. Over eight minutes later she came back on the line. At that time she was unable to answer question re a take out order for 8 of us we wanted to order.

The on line menu, dated 1/30/14 stated that a new menu would be available in a few weeks. Today is 4/19/14 and the lady said it hasn't happened yet. Bad promise. She could not answer questions re: the menu. It was if she could not communicate. She then asked if she could put me on hold. I asked if it would be another eight minutes. She didn't seem to understand how long she had put me on hold the first time. She didn't know how to respond. I politely said no, I will go elsewhere and hung up.

This is not what I expect from a service provider. We had tried the restaurant several years ago and had terrible service and the food was not that good. This was our attempt to try is again. It was a horrible experience.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank Gregory1947gregory
Palatine, Illinois
“Great Food, Better Service”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

The only thing better than the service is the food, and both are excellent. Both restaurants go out of their way to accommodate each visitor. Make a reservation though as both facilities (Deer Park & Palatine) are usually very busy no matter what nights they are open. I have read the only review regarding that critcized the service. I found it surprising. Having been a server myself I know that sometimes a restaurant as busy as Gianni's gets, mistakes are made, no matter how good the server is. Going to a restaurant like Gianni's, you must be prepared to be patient, not only to enjoy to food, but to enjoy the experience. If a mistake is made, a gently reminder will go a long way to make your experience much better. If you are in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago, Gianni's is a must for a great dining experience. Highly recommend holidy visits as their holidy menues are fabulous

• Visited March 2014