“owner is creepy”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
Marseilles, Illinois
“owner is creepy”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am a local delivery driver I deliver there once in a wile and every time the owner asks me to write down my name, address, licence plate number, and where I work just to walk in the door to deliver his customers the food they ordered and if I say no he calls there room and makes them walk down and get it. I just feel like hes going to sell my personal information.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tullahoma, TN
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The staff was very nice, the lobby attractive. Didn't use the pool but it looked clean. We did have a few minor problems. Little ants on the desk where I used my laptop (the internet worked great). The tub didn't drain very well. Stood in water while taking a shower. In the morning there was a large waterbug in the sink; must have come up the drain. Otherwise, the room itself was clean. There was no decaf coffee in the room and none in the breakfast area. When I asked for decaf, the clerk gave me a packet which I took to my room and brewed for breakfast. This was not a horrible place to stay by any means. Not really qualifying for a "poor' overall rating, but a little less than "average". I wish I could rate higher because the staff was so nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My room was small, but clean. There is an indoor pool at this location. My only complaint was that the air conditioner smelled musty when I ran it. The breakfast was by far the BEST of any Econo Lodge I've stayed.

I left a valuable item in my room and the staff found it (I called, becvause I knew exactly where I left it) and held it for me for a week until I could return. I was very grateful for their honesty!

The staff (manager/owner's I think) were always smiling and nice and I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
illinois
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent one night at the econo lodge for a wedding.It wast nothing fancy but nice comforatable hotel.Breakfast was rather good and kept full with sevice and a smile .The pool area could use some updateing.Front desk was very nice and polite with a sile.Room was quiet and comforitable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank islandmon32
Ohio
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel was clean and met our basic needs. Considering the cost of the room, we were satisfied. The room was satisfactorily clean but furnishings appeared to be on the older side. Our only problem was about 10 minutes of noise in the hallway at 1:30 am. This woke us up as the noise traveled easily through the doors to the hallway. We did report this disturbance in the morning but did not receive any type of apology. Sounds between rooms did not appear to carry as there was a crying baby in the next room and we did not hear this in our room. The complimentary breakfast got our day started but did not have much variety.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed August 26, 2012

While I could see that the owners are trying to impvove things, it's those little things that count in a motel. There was a bit of mold in the shower...that could have been easily removed with spray. The walls in the bathroom needed wiping down. and the wall paper was coming loose at the seam. Again a small fix that would have made our stay much better. The breakfast left a lot to be desired and the room where they served it was overheated. I agree that these rooms have been smoked in even though they were advertised as non-smoking. Not a place I would choose again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My toilet tank was overflowing and the T.V wasn't working right. It had color problems. It was so annoying. The floors hurt because they have staples sticking out. Other wise it was fine. I was only there for two days.

Room Tip: I would recommend you to get a room thats toilet works and the T.V isn't messed up.