“No brainer in Ottawa, IL”

Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Alsip, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Reserved room on-line, got there and the clerk told me and this is true...We have your handicap room but it will be awhile because there is an air machine pumping out stale moldy air. Would you like to wait till it's done. I told her I didn't reserve a handicap room I showed her my reservation and she told me the manager said that I was to have that room. I told her that I didn't want it did they have any other rooms. Plus I wanted to see the manager. No manager on duty, the whole hotel was booked up she said and insisted that I had to have that room. I saw like 5 cars in the whole parking lot. I called the corporate office and they cancelled my reservation and said they were sorry and that was it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Karen Z, General Manager at Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
My entire front desk staff and I want to aplogize for your experience that was less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Your feedback is extremely important to me. By writnig this review you help me to continue improving our service on a daily basis. Please know that your comments will be addressed. It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Stacy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The staff were very accommodating and the rooms were very clean and nice. The hallways were bright and looked new.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Karen Z, General Manager at Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
My staff and I want to Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review concerning our Super 8 of Ottawa, Illinois. I am glad that you found our Super 8 to be clean and my staff to be accommodating. I hope while you were here that you had a chance to visit our downtown area, we have a lovely city park, and many murals to look at . We hope to see you in the near future. Please check the Ottawa, Illinois Visitor Center for upcoming events. For your next reservation in our area please call us directly at 815-434-2888.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area
BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Super 8 Peru Starved Rock State Park

Been to Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock? Share your experiences!