“Great family dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I was driving through and my parents suggested meeting me at Hank's for dinner. It is right off interstate 80 (to the south) and very easy to find. I had the half slab if ribs which were very good. The waiter was very attentive. I think all meals come with the salad bar buffet and I was pretty impressed with the traditional salad greens and toppings but also the cheese, crackers, breads and other types of salads (e.g. Macaroni). For three people, two with a drink, the total was $55 and pretty reasonable I thought. We were there shortly after 6 and the crowd was older but things were picking up by the time we left. Great spot to meet my parents for dinner and will likely try it again sometime.

3  Thank Lena C
There are newer reviews for Hank's Farm

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I was on vacation and discovered this place. The service is terrific. The food was plentiful and very delicious. Salad bar is great. Remember to save room for dessert. It will be hard to eat the full meal here. If you go before 6 pm they have an early bird with a little less food than normal meal. I had the Italian sausage on Fettuccini. It was one of the best road meals I have had in a long time. The waiter was very good and knew his trade. I wish I lived closer as this would be one of my favorites.

3  Thank VacationsCleveland
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I went to the restaurant for special occasion . We did not have to wait to be seating like most restaurant that we go to. The staff was very welcoming and we received excellent service.My wife had prime rib and I had full rack of baby back ribs. The food was prepared the way we ordered and was good quality. We plan on returning to Hank's on an upcoming occasion. For those who are looking for good food,excellent service and great dining experience and you are visiting Ottawa,IL stop in at Hank's.

2  Thank 902Jose_R
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Oysters and crawfish is on the brunch menu! Not a large selection of brunch items, but it is better that way! Each item was almost prepared to order and not sitting out under a heat lamp. Best part....the HUGE dessert menu. Keep LOTS of room for it.

2  Thank pearlynk09
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Service and menu were great! We thought the atmosphere was charming in a classic old midwestern barn. Should order the special, the ribs and chicken were very good according to other guests we visited with; the prime rib wasn't very tasty. It was a thick cut with no taste and tough! Was a little difficult to find because we didn't get off I-80 at the right exit.

Been to Hank's Farm? Share your experiences!