“Good food and atmosphere”
Review of Corner 230

Corner 230
Ranked #6 of 92 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Late Night
Description: They don't seem to have a website when I tried "googling" them. Our waitress said that they've been there for 2-1/2 years, though.
Hainesville, Illinois
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by on a Sunday afternoon after a day at Starved Rock. The tapas were excellent. We had cheese ravioli and the calamari cone. My wife had their chicken pesto flatbread, and I had a small taste, and that was excellent too. I had pesto chicken pasta. It was delicious. My boys are picky eaters and they made them a flatbread cheese "pizza" that they both enjoyed. The server was very attentive.
Recommended to wind down your day after some hiking.

• Visited May 2013

Naperville, Illinois
“Very good food and Sangria”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I'm not sure this is what I consider "tapas" but the food was very good. I like the calamari with "bang bang" sauce and the chorizo dip very much. By the time our entrees came out we were already full. The sangria was very good. The place was packed on a Friday night and be prepared to wait (or get stuck in the back near the rear exit - not optimal). Service was INCREDIBLE; the server's couldn't have been nicer.

• Visited April 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Small Friendly Unique Tapas Food That Is The Best In Town”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This place is a lot of fun. Loud when crowded which is the norm since it is small. A lot of choices for everybody. The food is fresh. Salads are large and tasty. Fish tacos have a wonderful light flavor that you normally do not get in this size of town. Local hangout for the young and old. Pastas are good as are the soups. Friendly staff. Definitely one of the top 3 places in town.

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“An Unexpected Find”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

After a couple of days of exploring Starved Rock, we were looking for a basic pub type place, before heading back to Chicago. Basic, is not what I would describe this place, it was anything but. The place could have been easily been a eighborhood bars in the city, with a unique menu. Though they seem to have tapas in the evening, the lunch offering were very good. We split a shrimp, spinach, and artichoke dip, which was really nice, and I ordered the spanish, chicken sandwich with goat cheese... simply outstanding! Though they had a decent beer menu, i have had most of them.. less craft then i expected, but I also tried their sangria.. wow.. fantastic! (if i only knew what they put in it) - seriously good stuff! Next time I am passing though the area, I am definitely making a stop here again!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank TGG312
ottawa, Illinois, USA
“with amigos”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

love the tapas food here and the famous people-named mixed drinks. my fave is the carrie!! first time i ever tried fish tacos was here and i loved them

Visited July 2012

Been to Corner 230? Share your experiences!