“French Onion Faboulous” 5 of 5 bubbles

Monte's Riverside Inn
Ranked #12 of 93 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Illinois
“French Onion Faboulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great drinks, breaksticks, cheese with flat bread crackers, Italian as well as Steaks, specials also Fri fish special

Visited January 2013

Barrie, Canada
“Always exceptional”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I eat here 5 or 6 times a year and Monte's never disappoints. Only problem is that they bring way too much food. I'm sure a serving here could feed an African village but quality is phenomenal and service is very good.

Sarasota, Florida
“Living on past laurels. Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been a customer at Monte's for many years. This most recent dining experience was very disappointing. The prices have gone up significantly with a corresponding drop in portion size. The service was awful. Our waitress stopped taking our orders after 2 of the 4 in our party ordered. She came back 5 minutes later to complete the orders. 7 minutes into the meal she was ready to take our plates
Monte's used to serve cheese and crackers with no limit. Now only one serving per table. The portion size was really disappointing. The food was so-so and the menu is sparse. We were sad to see the lasagna gone.

It will be awhile (if ever) before we return. I used to recommend Monte's to out of towners all the time. Not anymore.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank value-one
Seneca, Illinois
“Gone down hill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you would have asked me 13. Years ago, would have said Montes hands down is the best restaurant in Ottawa. Not so much anymore. Prices are higher, portions are smaller and food is not fresh. I got the king crab leg special and I couldn't even eat it. It tasted worse than it smelled. Do not waste your money on a upscale atmosphere with mediocre food!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ottawa, Illinois, USA
“my bday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

hubby took me here on my birthday. we both had steaks, baked potatoes ( a little salty) and salads. food was delish and they brought me a little goodie for dessert and sang to me.

Been to Monte's Riverside Inn? Share your experiences!