“Clean and friendly, good experience”

Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
Livonia, Michigan
“Clean and friendly, good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2010

Our visit to this Hampton Inn in Ottawa was very pleasant. It was the first night of our 2 week Western roadtrip. No troubles checking in. The room was tidy and clean, as was the pool and spa area. The pool was a tad cool for our taste, but we got used to it. The Cracker Barrel is only a 20-second walk from the hotel lobby. If you have a chance, drive the 2 miles or so into downtown Ottawa. It's a nice old town with a great main steet and a lot of history to. We enjoyed learning about the Lincoln/Douglas debate that took place in Ottawa. We also had some excellent ice cream at Triple J at 101 E. Canal. The free wireless internet worked fine.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank jmpatrick63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Peoria,Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

I have to admit, I examine the room to see if it is truely clean. This room was spotless. Love the all white linens. Safe, secure, good area. Walk to Arby's, Cracker Barrel, and Taco Bell. Friendly staff. Hats off to Hilton for this property.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kim K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2009

My extended family lives in the Ottawa area, and over the last year we have stayed at the Hampton Inn 5 times. Each time has been excellent. The rooms are a great size and very clean, and the staff is friendly and efficient.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kendra8809
wgc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

We had a quiet room (304) at the back of the hotel and well away from any main roads. The receptionist was very welcoming and we quickly settled into our room, though the floor of the room did seem to slope which was a bit disconcerting until we got used to it.

We felt that the hotel was overpriced for the facilities and the location. There was no fridge or microwave and very few facilities on the doorstep – we had to travel around 15 miles to get any choice for evening meals. We only paid a few dollars less than at the Homewood Suites where we had a studio suite and evening reception Mon – Thurs (though this had been prepaid this option was not available at this hotel).

We used the pool and it was OK, though a little on the cool side. Coffee was available all day in the breakfast area.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joychild
Elsmere, KY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2009

We were traveling to Ottawa for a family reunion over the 4th of July weekend. We had stayed at all the surrounding hotels in the past b/c the Hampton was always "full." We had never had a good experience. This time we got lucky and were able to book a room at the Hampton Inn. We had a wonderful experience. The hotel was exceptionally clean in ALL areas--room, lobby, pool, hallways, etc...Pleasant fragrance throughout the hotel. Pet Friendly. My children loved the hot breakfast that was served every morning---sausage, biscuits and gravy, french toast--everything very tasty! The staff was super friendly, accommodating, and always smiling. The pool was warm so my kids loved it! We will definitely stay here for all our future visits!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank justcheri
Ottawa Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2009

I tried to organize a goup event at the Hampton Inn in Ottawa Illinois, and was denied because of children. They did not want an event for a child because they thought a child may disturb someone. Then they called a non profit organization and blamed Saint Baldricks for giving a donated free room to a child for a party, and continued to extort money from a volunteer of this non profit organization. Finally if that was not enough the General Manager of Hampton gave out my private information.

The General Manager made it clear if I attempted to reseve a room I would be kicked out.

So the Hampton violated personal privacy, tried to extort money, and treated me like I was worthless and could not be responsible at a hotel.

If you have kids I would never go to the Hampton because they think poorly of children and would do anything to insure that children are not at their hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank sdlsheehan
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

My vehicle had broken down, and after a stressful day and a half, I finally got into the only motel in Ottawa that had an opening. A new warehouse facility was opening in town, and all lodgings were overwhelmed. This was the last room available that day.

I have a dog, and was pretty much wiped out in the July heat. Further, I was still recovering from surgery (partial amputation of a foot).

What these people did in terms of accommodating us (dog and me) can not be described in adequate terms. The disability wasn't readily apparent given the prosthesis, but the weariness, road grime, and frustration was all too real. They offered help with getting my gear to my room, and good places to have my pet checked out.

When I switched to crutches and the medical problem became obvious, the only room was on the top floor. They volunteered, on a personal level, to get a meal up to me or to help in any way they could.

It was the staff's going above and beyond anything that could be expected of them by corporate that changed a depressing situation into something that can still bring a smile to my face when I remember staying in Ottawa.

• Liked — The customer service.
  • Disliked — Had no problems
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area? Share your experiences!