Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
Wood River, Illinois
“A nice stay.”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

My wife and I did a Friday evening through Sunday stay at this hotel. We felt safe and comfortable every minute of it. Check-in was a breeze and our room was ready for us. The room did not have a microwave or a refrigerator but the ice bucket did just fine. Breakfast was plentiful with all of the usual items along with scrambled eggs, sausage, and biscuits. The coffee pots never ran dry. My wife used the fitness center and spoke well of it. There were a couple of treadmills and a step elypitical along with a full set of dumb bells. Amanda at the desk was a delight and she seemed to always be there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
FairfieldOttawaIL, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience at the Ottawa Fairfield Inn & Suites. Amanda is definitely one of our shining stars when it comes to guest service! Our breakfast always gets great reviews, and I am certainly glad you agree. The entire staff and I look forward to your next visit to our fine city, and thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites for your lodging needs.

S. Long

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Property is fairly new and looks like it just opened yesterday. All employees we came in contact with were courteous and efficient and the location is convenient. Breakfast was ample and of good quality. There were no negatives so this will be our first choice upon a return to Ottawa

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldOttawaIL, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Ottawa Fairfield Inn and Suites! Our goal is to be the lodging choice for our area. Your kind words prove we are providing the service and accomodations our guest require. Myself and the entire team look forward to being of service the next time you visit Ottawa.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

S. Long
Morton, Illinois
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel several times over the course of 4 months while working in the area with the Health Care Organization I work for.

The hotel is located directly off of I-80 in Ottawa, IL. It is clearly the nicest of several hotels it is near. It also right in front of a very nice Culver's restaurant and several other restaurants are very close to the property.

The hotel feels very new. It has a new look outside as well as inside when you enter. Most times when I checked in the staff was courteous and kind. A couple times (especially when checking in late) the staff seemed disinterested. Staying there multiple times, I learned the process and typically was able to check in quickly.

The lobby felt welcoming with a large sitting area and a small business center. There was also a small market where you could purchase basic items.

I stayed in various rooms ranging from a single room queen to a suite with separate bedroom and living area. All the rooms again felt very new with modern decor and furniture.

The rooms were always very clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathrooms clean and spacious. I also found the WiFi to be excellent at this hotel. The only downside to the rooms was that not all were equipped with the same items. For example, one week I would stay in a room that had a mini-fridge and the next week the room wouldn't have one.

There was a breakfast area with large tv where they provided a free basic breakfast. Nothing super fancy but adequate to begin your day. Also, coffee and tea was provided 24/7 at a self-serve station outside the breakfast area.

There was a pool on site that looked very clean.

All in all I'd say this place is really nice.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a mini fridge. If this is important for you request it when being assigned a roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Midway, Arkansas
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have had the pleasure of staying at this Marriott property approximately a dozen times this year (2013) and always have a pleasant time.

Of course, Marriott offers a clean, comfortable and inviting atmosphere and the Fairfield Brand is always pleasant. The Lobby, rooms, breakfeast area (which has a very nice spread each morning), pool and hot tub (Oh! I love a "hot" hot tub-they are so soothing and relaxing) are kept in tip-top condition. I have never had an issue that was not satisfactorily addressed in a very timely manner.

I attribute this to a wonderful Lady named Delores. When I started staying at this location early in the year I had an issue witht the room I was assigned. delores (as the acting Manager at the time, immediately and professionally handled my issue and gave me a room that I now "claim as mine" every time I stay. Delores is an excellent representative for Marriott-she has to deal with some very rude people and I witnessed one occassion that I (as a retired Plant Manager) would have told the person acting ignorantly to "hit the road". Delores kept her proffessionalism in tact, yet was firm and acted as a good Manager (My opinion is that the complaininng party was just trying to get a free room due to a quite minor inconveience). but Delores handled it all with tact, strength and diplomacy.

It's nice now-I make my reservation on-line and then call to request "my room"-Delores happened to answer the phone the last two occassions and, quite unbelievably, recognized my voice and adressed me by name! I feel like family with a home away from home!

Marriott finally brought in a new Manager, Janet and she is learning the ropes of the new location. I feel that Janet, with Delores as the Guest Services Manager, will keep this location quite worthy of mine, and your continued business.

Room Tip: I like to be near the Lobby-that is then very convient to the Business Center and Breakfeast area, y...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Honesdale, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I usually stay at another hotel in Ottawa, but they were fully booked so I booked here.
Glad we did. We'll stay there again. Everything was excellent, including the breakfast buffet.
We were too busy to check out the pool. Maybe next time

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
North Manchester, Indiana
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were traveling through Ottawa and needed a room just for the night. We stopped and inquired at another chain where we usually stay and the entrance was very dirty and the desk staff not very friendly so we decided to try Fairfield and were pleasantly surprised. Everything was very clean and the desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Our king room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was better than some of the others we had on this trip. We could hear some noise from the hallway but it wasn't bad. A good night's stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vacation1966
Chapel Hill, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a nice Fairfield Inn. It is close to the interstate and surrounded by a few restaurants and stores. There is a Krogers Grocery right across the main street. The downtown area is only 2.3 miles away. Not a bad walk or a short drive if you want. The rooms are nice and quiet. The breakfast buffet is typical with eggs, sausage, cereals, fruit, etc. Plenty to eat. It is the only Marriott property in the area. I will stay here again when in this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
Hampton Inn Ottawa Starved Rock Area
Grizzly Jack's Grand Bear Resort
Days Inn Oglesby/ Starved Rock
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ottawa Starved Rock Area? Share your experiences!